Chocolate Chai Roasted Almonds are made with cocoa, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, clove, black pepper, and pure maple syrup, then roasted to perfection for an easy, healthy snack!
Inspired by my Chocolate Chai Popcorn, I decided to make a batch of Chocolate Chai Roasted Almonds!
Roasted almonds glazed with flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, clove and black pepper spice all lightly wrapped with a hint of cocoa. It’s a fun and delicious flavor!
Did you know? Almonds are an alkalizing nut and eating just 9 almonds a day will provide you with all the vitamin E you need for the day. They’re also a great source of magnesium, potassium, copper and fiber.
A handful of these roasted almonds will give you all your vitamin E for the day. They make for quite an addicting, but healthy, little snack that I’m happy to share with you today!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This recipe calls for tossing almonds with a chai spiced maple syrup mixture before being roasted to perfection creating a flavorful and healthy roasted nut that is perfect for snacking.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Raw almonds
- Pure maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Black pepper
- Mineral salt
How To Make Roasted Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the maple syrup, spices and almonds to the bottom of a mixing bowl and mix well to coat.
- Spread coated almonds in single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven, let cool and harden.
And that’s it, so easy and ready in about 20 minutes!
How To Store Roasted Almonds
Roasted almonds will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
These chocolate chai roasted almonds travel well and can be taken with you for the day in a small container or baggie. They even make for great gift ideas for special holidays or just because. Share the goodness, share the love!
More Healthy Snack Ideas
- Mirin & Maple Roasted Almonds
- Peanut Butter & Banana Granola Snack Clusters
- Spicy Nut & Seed Bars
- Healthy Homemade Granola
- Chocolate Pistachio Oatmeal Energy Bites
If you try this roasted almond recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
CHOCOLATE CHAI ROASTED ALMONDS
With flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, clove and black pepper spice all lightly wrapped with a hint of cocoa, these roasted almonds make a great snack any day, all day!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 12, ¼ cup servings 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 3 cups raw almonds
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, optional
- 1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon cardamom
- 1 heaping teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon black pepper
- generous pinch of mineral salt
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix: In a large mixing bowl, add almonds, maple syrup, vanilla and spices, mix well to coat. On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled, spread almonds in a single layer, it’s ok if they’re touching each other, add a sprinkle of salt over top.
Roast: Bake on center rake of the oven for 15 minutes, shuffling the almonds around once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with mineral salt and let cool to harden. They may clump together a bit while cooling but will easily come apart.
Store in airtight container for up to a month.