I love this mashed chickpea salad alone or on a bed of leafy lettuce topped with tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of lemon juice. I’ve made it plenty of times over the year and never tire of it!
So what’s another great way to enjoy this salad?
Why, in a sandwich of course!
To make the best mashed chickpea salad sandwich, gather a few slices of your favorite bread, some leafy greens, mash an avocado to spread if you like, and this is one great sandwich. Full of protein, fiber, texture and flavor, I think it’s just fabulous and believe you’ll find it just the same!
So bon appetit, and eat more chickpeas!
For more chickpea salad sandwich inspiration, take a look at these other delicious variations!
- Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Mashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Sonoma Chickpea Salad
- ‘Chickpea of the Sea’ Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Mediterranean Mashed Chickpea Salad
If you try this mashed chickpea salad sandwich recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
MASHED CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH
Full of protein and fiber, this is a wonderful, hearty chickpea salad sandwich!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Makes 3 Sandwiches
- Category: Entree, Sandwich
- Cuisine: Vegan
- mashed chickpea salad (recipe serves 3)
- a few slices of your favorite bread
- leafy greens
- avocado, mashed (optional)
Layer your bottom slice of bread with leafy greens, add your chickpea salad on top. On the underside of your top slice of bread, add some optional mashed avocado (tomato slices would be great too).
Serve cut in half or eat as is.
Easy and delicious!