Raw Avocado Chocolate Pudding made with avocado, banana, and cacao powder is a healthy, dairy-free, vegan pudding that will rival any other!
Next time the craving strikes for chocolate pudding, this ultra-creamy chocolate avocado pudding is just what you need!
This quick and easy recipe includes 3 flavor combinations:
- Basic chocolate pudding
- Orange chocolate pudding
- Cinnamon espresso chocolate pudding
All three flavors are wonderful with my personal favorites being the addition of cinnamon, and I love the orange too.
And to top it off, a dollop of coconut whipped cream takes it over the top and is absolutely heavenly!
Raw chocolate pudding is vegan, dairy-free, naturally sweetened, and will fill your chocolate craving in a healthy way!
This healthy recipe uses avocado, banana, cacao powder, and natural sweetener, all blended together creating a super creamy and delicious raw pudding perfect for snacking or dessert!
Here is everything you will need:
- Avocado – use firm, to slightly firm for the least avocado flavor.
- Banana – can sub with avocado
- Cacao powder – can sub with regular cocoa powder or dutch
- Pure maple syrup – can sub with coconut nectar or date syrup
- Vanilla – use vanilla extract or 1 scraped vanilla bean
- Optional flavor additions – orange juice, cinnamon and/or espresso powder
Why I Use Avocado & Banana 🥑🍌
I like to use a mix of avocado and banana together to lower the fat content while still maintaining creaminess. It also adds natural sweetness. Many avocado pudding recipes call for two avocados, which is great too, and you can easily replace the banana with avocado if you prefer.
How To Make Raw Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This raw pudding is so easy to make:
- Simply cut the avocado in half, remove seed, pinch and squeeze the halves of avocado into the cup of a blender.
- Peel the banana, break into chunks and add with the avocado.
- Add the cacao/cocoa powder, pure maple syrup, vanilla, and optional flavors into the blender, and blend until nice and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add liquids as needed for desired consistency.
- Taste for flavor adjusting to your liking.
- Serve chilled or at room temp.
Quick, easy, and positively delicious!
Tips + FAQs
- Avocado. The best avocado to use is firm- to slightly firm. Softer avocados will have a more pronounced flavor. If your avocado is overly ripe, use a bit more cacao if the flavor is super noticeable.
- Banana. The riper the banana, the sweeter it will be, naturally saving you from having to add loads of extra sweetener. A nice ripe banana will have brown freckles and be mildly soft to the touch.
- Can I make raw chocolate pudding with avocados only? Yes, simply omit the banana, replacing it with another avocado.
- Can I make raw chocolate pudding without avocados? You can omit the avocado and replace it with banana, but it will not be as creamy. Or even better, try this Chocolate Chia Pudding!
- You can serve raw chocolate pudding at room temp, but I find it’s best when chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Top with a dollop of whipped coconut cream, shaved dark chocolate, cacao nibs, carob chips, or toasted coconut.
- Add freshness and color with orange slices or assorted berries.
- Make chocolate pudding parfaits, adding a layer of fruit or coconut whip cream in between.
How To Store + Freeze Avocado Pudding
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days, in an airtight container.
- Freezer: To freeze, avocado chocolate pudding is best poured into popsicle molds which can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Healthy Snack Recipes!
- Apple Nachos
- Quick + Easy Banana Boats
- Stuffed Avocados
- Peanut Butter + Cacao Nibs Rice Crispy Treats
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
If you try this raw chocolate pudding recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
RAW CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING (3 FLAVORS)
Raw Chocolate Avocado Pudding with 3 flavor combinations, creating a deliciously healthy and dairy-free pudding that will rival any other!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Method: puree
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Base
- 1 large avocado (or 2 small), skin and seed removed
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 3 – 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 – 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup, coconut nectar or date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
Orange Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, + more as needed
- 1 teaspoon or so orange zest, optional
Chocolate Espresso Avocado Pudding
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
In a blender, combine the base pudding ingredients (along with any one of the optional flavor combinations) and blend until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add water, a few tablespoons at a time, as needed for desired consistency. Typically I use ½ cup of water, unless making the orange flavored. Taste for flavor and adjust accordingly.
Pudding can be served at room temp, but I find it’s best when chilled in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
Serve: Top with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and shaved dark chocolate, cacao nibs or carob chips.
Store: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days. To freeze, store in popsicle molds for best results, can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Feel free to omit the banana, using an extra avocado in its place.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Updated: This recipe was originally published in April 2013. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in June 2020.