Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich with sauteed carrots, garlic, caraway seeds, and red pepper flakes on your favorite bread with hummus is healthy, easy to make and full of great flavor!
I am loving making my way through all the wonderful vegan, plant-based meals I come across!
This quick and easy sandwich was completely lovely, and I used my own homemade artisan bread too. How does it get any better than that!?
It’s an amazing sandwich and great use of caraway seeds (because they are delicious). I would have never thought of this myself, so thank goodness my eyes are always open for the next inspiration, and there is a lot of inspiration out there!
It’s a minimal ingredient recipe full of terrific flavor. Add this to your must try list, you will not be disappointed!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this healthy recipe, carrots, garlic, caraway seeds are saute and served in between bread sliced slathered with hummus for a quick and easy vegan sandwich!
Here is everything you will need:
- Caraway seeds
- Red pepper flakes
- Hummus – use store bought (my favs are Cedar’s or Good & Gather) or make this homemade Hummus.
- Bread – use your favorite store bought or make homemade Artisan Bread.
- Salt + Pepper
How To Make Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich
- Grate the carrots and slice the garlic.
- Saute the carrots, garlic, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Toast your bread (or not), spread hummus on both sides, because hummus is amazing!
- Add your carrot mixture along with a few sprigs of cilantro.
- Top with the other slice of slathered bread.
- Slice in half as shown below.
And that’s it, it’s a great sandwich any time of day!
Ways To Serve Carrot Sandwich
This sandwich is great alone, but can made into a well-rounded meal with any of the following:
- Soup: Serve with a small bowl of Vegetable Quinoa Soup or Kale, Quinoa & White Bean Soup.
- Salad: Pair with a side salad like this Classic House Salad with cider vinaigrette or Radish & Cucumber Salad.
- Veggies + Dip: Serve with vegetable sticks and Hummus or Vegan Ranch.
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
- Grilled Hummus Sandwich
- Smoky Chipotle Maple TLT Sandwich
- Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Hummus Veggie Wrap
- Cranberry Walnut Vegan ‘Chicken’ Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper, Hummus & Avocado Sandwich
If you try this easy carrot sandwich recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SPICY CARROT & HUMMUS SANDWICH
Made with 8 simple ingredients this quick and easy Spicy Carrot Sandwich with hummus is full of great flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: saute
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, cumin would be nice too
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- himalayan/mineral salt, to taste
- four slices bread of choice (french, sourdough, rye or whole grain would pair nicely)
- hummus to spread
- cracked pepper, optional
Saute carrots: In skillet heat oil over medium, add the carrots, garlic, caraway seeds and season with salt and red pepper. Cook until carrots have softened, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
Prep bread: Toast or grill your bread, or leave as is.
Assemble: Layer both sides of bread with hummus (I do both sides because I have hummus love). Add carrot mixture, top with cilantro and season with black pepper.
Updated: This Spicy Carrot Hummus Sandwich was originally published in October 2012. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in June 2020.