Walnut Taco Meat:
- Place ingredients in food processor and pulse until coarse and chunky. Don’t over blend or it will become a spread, pate like consistency. For pictures on how-to see Walnut Meat (4 ways).
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream:
- Soak your cashews in at least 1 cup cool water for 2 – 3 hours or 1 cup hot water for 5 min. Drain well.
- Add ingredients to blender or food processor, blend/process, scraping down the sides every now and then until smooth. Add extra water 1 tablespoon at a time if needed. For thicker cream use less water. For a thinner, pourable cream use more water.
Makes 1 cup, serves 8
Assemble taco salad:
- In individual bowls, add romaine, and top with corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, and walnut taco meat. Use as much as you like of anything.
- Serve with a few juicy limes as your dressing.
- Add a dollop of cream or a drizzle depending on how thick or thin your cream is.
Serves 2 – 3
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.