Banana Split Smoothie is a combo of fruits, cocoa powder, vanilla, and non-dairy milk for a delicious and healthy way to get in a serving of natural fruits!
Why We Love This Recipe!
Loaded with fresh or frozen strawberries, pineapple, banana, a little cocoa powder, vanilla, and your favorite non-dairy milk – and voila, you have yourself a delicious treat!
Refined sugar-free. It’s filled with natural fruit sugars and their nutrients (check out the nutrition card below!).
Dairy-free. Made with plant milk, this non-dairy smoothie is great for those who are lactose intolerant!
Healthy snack or light meal. Full of nutrients, this banana split smoothie can be served as a light breakfast, snack, or pick-me-up any time of day.
Quick & easy. Ready in under 5 minutes, it’s easy to whip up and fill that ‘hangry’ feeling.
Banana Split Smoothie Ingredients
Filled with natural, plant-based ingredients, this banana split-style vegan smoothie will be loved by all. Add a scoop of protein powder for a boost, and this YUMMY smoothie will hit the spot!
Here is a quick overview of ingredients (measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Banana – is best frozen, but can be fresh too. You may even like to have a fresh banana handy to slice in half and add to your finished smoothie, using a spoon to finish it off.
- Strawberries – can be fresh or frozen.
- Pineapple – can be fresh or frozen – it’s one of my favorite flavors in this smoothie!
- Cacao/Cocoa Powder – are both great choices. To keep this smoothie raw use cacao powder.
- Vanilla – is optional, but delicious! If using vanilla flavored plant milk you can omit or add for a more intense flavor.
- Sweetener – can consist of a pitted date for a raw smoothie or pure maple syrup.
- Liquids – to use are either water or your favorite plain or vanilla-flavored unsweetened plant milk such as almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or soy milk.
- Protein Powder – is optional and can be your favorite plain or flavored protein powder (strawberry, chocolate, or vanilla). I’ve been using a raw protein powder from Garden of Life. For an amazing detailed list of vegan protein powders for smoothies and such be sure to check out this post from Lunchboxbunch.com: Vegan Protein Powders for Smoothies: My Big Guide!
How To Make Banana Split Smoothie
- Simply add the banana, strawberries, pineapple, date, cocoa, vanilla, and plant milk to your blender and blend until creamy smooth.
- Top with optional toppings for a finishing touch!
It’s easy as can be, and is perfect for a light breakfast, lunch or snack.
Now, it’s your turn to gather your ingredients and make your own!
- Add healthy omegas. For a nice boost of nutrition, try adding 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds, ground flaxseeds, or chia seeds!
- Adjusting for variations. Use all frozen fruits, or mix and match frozen fresh and frozen fruits. If using all frozen fruits, you can expect a thicker smoothie and may need to add a tad extra liquids to help it move along in the blender.
- Add protein powder or a tablespoon of nut butter. Add a scoop of protein powder for an even more nutritionally balanced smoothie. Alternatively, get in extra protein with your favorite nut butter.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love!
- Enlighten Smoothie Bowl
- Berry & Yogurt Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- See all smoothie recipes on TSV!
Let me know if you make this easy vegan smoothie recipe! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Banana Split Smoothie
A fresh and delicious way to fuel enjoy your banana split with this quick and easy vegan smoothie!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 1 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American, Vegan
- 1 banana (frozen or fresh)
- 4 – 5 organic strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- ⅓ cup pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medjool date or 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional sweetener
- 1 scoop protein powder, optional
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plain or vanilla
- non-dairy whipped cream
- cacao nibs, shaved chocolate, or a drizzle of chocolate syrup
Place ingredients in blender, except for the cherries, and blend until smooth (if using all fresh fruits, you may want to add ½ cup or so of ice cubes along with the water or milk, or use it in place of some of your liquids).
Pour into serving glass, top with optional toppings, and enjoy.
Makes just over 2 cups.
Serves one generously.