Raw Vegan Brownies made with almonds, coconut, cocoa powder, dates and vanilla are a healthy and delicious snack or dessert! No baking required for these raw brownie bites and they store well too!
For those seeking a raw vegan brownie recipe, this is it. Fudgy and chocolatey, these paleo, no-bake vegan brownie bites are the real deal!
They’re also completely satisfying – one or two is all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. No need to bother with any baked brownie again, as these are so easy to make and full of wholesome ingredients!
Reasons to love these raw brownies! They’re:
- refined sugar free
- dairy free
- grain free
- gluten free
- & only 6 simple ingredients
If you’re not a fan of coconut, try replacing the coconut with one of the nuts suggested. Let me warn you, these brownie bites will go very fast!
Let’s make some satisfying and guilt-free raw brownie bites!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, nuts, coconut, cocoa, dates and vanilla are processed and blended together for an incredibly delicious vegan brownies that are naturally vegan, gluten free, and most of all delicious.
Here is everything you will need:
- raw almonds – walnuts or pecans
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- cocoa powder
- medjool dates
How To Make Raw Vegan Brownies
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
It only takes a few simple steps to making your brownies…
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the nuts with the coconut and cacao, and blend until you have a coarse flour. Place mixture in a small bowl.
- Make the date paste by adding the dates, vanilla and salt to the bowl of a food processor and blend until somewhat smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. (I didn’t soak my dates here, so it’s a tighter mixture. The soaked dates will yield a moister and more spread out mix.)
- Add reserved nut mixture to date paste and process until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Mixture doesn’t have to be smooth.
- Place raw brownie mix in a lined loaf pan (can use parchment, wax paper or saran wrap), flatten from edge to edge.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Optionally, add a light dusting of cacao powder.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
And that’s all it takes to make the best raw brownie bites ever. You can feel good about indulging without feeling one ounce of guilt!
More No-Bake Recipes
You can never have too many guilt-free snacks and desserts to choose from. You just may find a new favorite healthy dessert when the sweet craving hits!
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal Energy Bites
- Chocolate Pistachio Oatmeal Cookie Balls
- Hemp Heart Energy Bites
- Coconut Lemon Bombs
- Cranberry Almond Energy Bites
If you try this raw brownies recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
RAW VEGAN BROWNIES (PALEO + NO BAKE)
Delicious raw vegan brownies made with almonds, coconut, cocoa powder, dates and vanilla! No baking and they store well.
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: Makes 12 brownie bites 1x
- Category: Dessert, No-Bake
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- ¾ cup raw almonds, walnuts or pecans
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ⅓ cups packed medjool dates, pitted, softened* and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon himalayan salt
Make flour: Combine almonds, coconut and cocoa powder in food processor/blender and process until almonds are a fairly fine consistency. Remove mixture and set aside.
Date paste: Add dates to the food processor/blender and process until dates become a paste.
Combine: Add in the almond, coconut and cocoa powder mixture along with the remaining vanilla and salt. Pulse until just combined.
Pack in loaf pan: Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, wax paper or parchment paper. Place mixture into loaf pan, press down firmly while smoothing out the surface.
Chill: Place the brownies in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or so to harden a bit before cutting.
Slice: Cut into 12 squares to make a 3 – 4 bite size brownie or cut into 24 squares for a 1 – 2 bite size brownies.
Finishing touch: Optionally, sprinkle the brownies with cacao powder or place a walnut on top of each piece for decoration.
Makes 12 – 24
Store: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. For longer storage, place in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months.
Roll into balls. You can also roll these into 1 inch balls and eat as is, or roll them in shredded coconut or cocoa/cacao powder. If rolling into balls you should get about 18 – 24 balls.
More topping ideas. Additional toppings you may like: shredded coconut, dusting of cocoa powder or chopped/whole raw almonds.
Depending on the type and freshness of your dates, you may need to soak them. To soften your dates, place dates in a medium size bowl and soak in hot water for a few minutes. I really prefer the medjool dates for their softness, they rarely need softening, but feel to use your favorite dates. Just be sure to soak before using them.
Updated: Raw Vegan Brownies was originally published in August 2012. It has been updated with new photos and helpful tips in April 2020.