Naturally sweetened, these no bake cookie balls with pistachios, chocolate chips, and oats are my new favorite for a tasty, guilt-free snack or dessert!
I could eat cookies all day long. Well, maybe not really, but when I need a cookie treat, these Chocolate Pistachio Cookie Balls are what I want!
To me, the best part of making cookies was always eating the dough. I don’t know about you but I used to make cookies just for that reason, I would even freeze the dough to eat for later.
These no-bake cookie balls are a much better option for many reasons and they completely satisfy my sweet tooth. They are fairly rich, one or two is about all you need. Ok, maybe three!
These are great packed in lunches or taken along for the day as a quick, healthy snack. They’re meant to be a chunky style cookie ball, and I think you’ll love them!
Reasons to love these energy balls:
- Refined sugar free (if using cacao nibs)
- & just as delicious as the old cookie batter I used to love to eat, but healthier!
Ingredients You’ll Need
I set out with the intention of making cookie balls with a sweet and salty combination, using minimal ingredients, but full of flavor.
Here is everything you will need:
- medjool dates – if you don’t have dates on hand, sub with maple syrup as noted in the recipe card
- shredded coconut – unsweetened pref, and can be optional
- rolled oats – quick oats are fine too if you don’t have regular on hand
- pistachios – unsalted or lightly salted preferred
- pure maple syrup
- chocolate chips – raw dark chocolate chips , cacao nibs or vegan chocolate chips
How To Make No Bake Cookie Balls
- Process: In the bowl of a food processor, place the dates, pistachios, coconut, vanilla and pure maple syrup. Blend until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If mixture seems too dry, add a little water as needed (using no more than 3 tablespoons).
- Add remaining ingredients. Next, add the rest of the pistachios and chocolate chips, mix well using your hands, spatula or spoon.
- Roll: Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop up rounded tablespoons of dough and roll into 1 inch balls (mine were a bit bigger). Enjoy licking your fingers, and the bowl, when you’re all done!
- Roll in crushed pistachios (optional): On a flat surface, I placed folded parchment paper with about ¼ – ⅓ cup pistachios in between and used a rolling pin to smash the pistachios, into mostly small pieces. Roll your balls on the crushed pistachios.
How To Store
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freezer: For longer storage, energy balls will keep in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months. To freeze, place the balls on a baking sheet or plate, about 1 inch apart, place in the freezer for a few hours (this will help them not stick together). Once frozen you can store them in freezer safe ziplock bags or containers. Let thaw in the refrigerator a few hours before snacking.
More Easy No-Bake Recipes
- Healthy No Bake Cookie Dough Energy Balls
- Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal Energy Bites
- Coconut Lemon Bombs
- Raw Hemp Energy Bites
- Raw Ginger Snaps
- Raw Coconut Brownie Bites
If you try this no bake cookie bites recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO COOKIE BALLS
Naturally sweetened, easy, no bake cookie balls with oats, pistachios, and chocolate chips are ready in minutes and perfect for a healthy snack or dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 - 14 Balls 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- ¾ cup medjool dates (about 7 – 8), pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pistachios, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- pinch of himalayan salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (raw dark chocolate chips , cacao nibs or vegan chocolate chips)
Process: Place all ingredients in food processor except for ¼ cup of the pistachios, water and chocolate chips. Blend until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If mixture seems too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, as needed.
Add remaining ingredients. In a medium bowl, add the dough with remaining pistachios and chocolate chips, mixing well with a spoon or your hands.
Roll: Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop up rounded tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls.
Makes approx. 12 – 14 cookie balls
Roll in crushed pistachios (optional): Place ¼ – ⅓ pistachios between a piece of folded parchment paper and crush with the bottom of a glass that has a flat surface or use a rolling pin. Roll your balls on the crushed pistachios.
Store: Store energy bites in an airtight container. They will keep in the fridge for a couple weeks and last even longer in the freezer. You can always make these ahead for special occasions.
If you rather not use dates or don’t have them on hand, you can sub with pure maple syrup using ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
Updated: No Bake Chocolate Pistachio Cookie Balls was originally published in August 2012. It has been updated with new photos and helpful tips in April 2020.