This Acai Bowl recipe is a smoothie made with fruit and acai that’s served in a bowl and garnished with a variety of colorful and tasty toppings. It’s full of superfoods, 100% vegan and easy to make!
Meet the new love of my life – packed with antioxidants, essential vitamins & minerals, acai bowls are the perfect smoothie elixir!
What Is Acai?
The acai berry itself is native to Brazil and has been touted as a ‘superfood’ for good reason. Similar to blueberries, blackberries and other berries, acai berries are packed with antioxidants, and are a good source of essential amino’s and omega fatty acids.
Flavor wise, acai berries are a rich combination of black berries and dark chocolate. Delicious right! And when mixed with other berries it’s a healthy and flavorful ‘super berry’ cocktail.
What Is Acai Bowl Made Of?
This acai bowl recipe features healthy, antioxidant rich acai powder, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and banana blended with vegan milk or water into a thick & creamy smoothie and served in a bowl.
Top off your acai bowl with an assortment of fruits, nuts, seeds and a good helping of crunchy granola and you’ve got yourself a great start to the day.
But, the acai bowl isn’t just for mornings, you can enjoy this superfood treat anytime time of day – morning, noon or night!
How To Make The Best Acai Bowl
- We’ll be using freeze dried acai powder. It can be found in most health-conscious stores or ordered online (<< affiliate link).
- I like use a mix of frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries & raspberries) and either one fresh or frozen banana. You can use any mixture of frozen berries you prefer, even cherries would be great.
- For protein, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder. I like to add a serving of either hemp hearts or hemp protein powder to mine. A serving of nut butter would be ok too.
- Add various toppings such as sliced bananas, kiwi, raspberries, goji berries, cocoa nibs, granola, coconut, chia seeds, etc.
Blend it all together with unsweetened plant milk or water, and top with what your favorite toppings. Enjoy often!
More Smoothie Inspiration
Because you can never have too many smoothie recipes, whether in a bowl or in a glass! Take a look at these other vegan smoothie recipes, you may just find a new favorite.
- Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Berry + Yogurt Smoothie
- Vanilla Date Smoothie
- Enlighten Smoothie Bowl
- See all Smoothie recipes on TSV!
If you try this acai bowl recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SUPER BERRY ACAI BOWL
Rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, this classic acai bowl is a perfect way to lighten up and cool down!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Smoothie
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 cups frozen berry mix (any combo: blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons acai berry powder
- 1 cup water or non-dairy milk, + more as needed
- 1 serving protein powder, hemp seeds or nut butter, optional for protein
- mix of fresh berries
- toasted coconut flakes
- chia seeds and/or hemp hearts
In a blender, place the berries, banana, acai powder, optional protein source and water/milk. Blend until smooth. Add extra water if needed (most likely you won’t need any).
Place in serving bowl and top with the suggested toppings or your favorite assortment.
Serves 1 large or 2 small
I love and recommend this acai berry powder from Terrasoul, purchased from Amazon (<affiliate link).