This vegan Applesauce Bread is made with whole grains, naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup and spiced with warming spices for a delicious breakfast bread or snack!
Hello healthy bread lovers – this oil-free recipe for applesauce bread is just for you! It’s moist, delicious and pairs perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee anytime of day.
What we love about this Applesauce quick bread. It’s:
- no eggs
- refined sugar-free
- & so easy to make!
If you’ve already made this recent applesauce recipe, Instant Pot Applesauce (+ Slow Cooker), and haven’t devoured it yet, then you’re all set. If not, there’s still time to make a batch and I know you’re going to love it.
And if you don’t have time to make your own applesauce, feel free to use unsweetened, store bought applesauce.
How To Make Applesauce Bread
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt, mix well.
- Next, add the applesauce, maple syrup and milk to the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan, or loaf pan lined with parchment paper, and bake for 55 minutes.
- Once done, let cool a few minutes and cover right away. The outside of the bread will moisten up more once covered for a few hours and the flavors will enhance overnight.
For more ways to use applesauce, take a look at these recipes:
A few other healthy quick bread recipes to inspire you:
If you try this applesauce bread recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
APPLESAUCE BREAD (VEGAN + OIL-FREE)
Made with whole grains, spiced with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg, and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup and applesauce, this applesauce bread is moist, delicious and pairs perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee anytime of day.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8 - 10 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 cups light spelt flour (all-purpose flour ok too)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with oil, or line with parchment paper.
Mix dry ingredients: In a medium/large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
Add wet ingredients: Add the applesauce, maple syrup and milk to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix.
Bake: Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, optionally top with a small handful of whole or quick oats, place pan in oven and bake for 55 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
Store: Keep leftovers covered for 4 days. To keep longer, store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Makes 8 – 10 slices
Since this bread doesn’t have much fat, it has a slightly chewy texture. If it bothers you and you don’t mind oil, feel free to replace the non-dairy milk with oil.
Keywords: applesauce bread, vegan applesauce bread