Spicy Thai Mango Salad featuring fresh flavors of mango, cucumber, carrot and cilantro tossed in a flavorful spicy, sweet and savory dressing!
This Spicy Thai Mango Salad is one of those simple delicious salads that I so enjoy! My kind of easy, and so amazingly fresh, colorful & delicious!
Full of fresh flavors including mango, cucumber, carrots, tomato, cilantro and topped with a simple dressing that is lightly sweet, salty and spicy, it’s a bit of everything and will leave you feeling light and energized!
This Thai mango salad recipe is inspired by Som Tam salad, a very popular salad in Thailand using unripe green papaya. This is my version using ripe mango in place of green papaya, along with cucumber, carrots and tomatoes. And it’s terrific!
Staying close to the traditional Som Tam of Thailand is the spiciness, saltiness and sweetness of the dressing. It’s easy to make and comes together beautifully. You may even find it to be quite addicting!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- English cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- cashews or peanuts – optional
- tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- coconut sugar – or sugar of choice, pure maple syrup is great too
- red pepper flakes – or dash of sriracha
How To Make Thai Mango Salad
- Start by making the spicy dressing. Whisk together the tamari, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and lime juice in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing or serving bowl, add the prepared mango, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, and cilantro (shown above). Pour the spicy Thai dressing overtop and toss to coat (shown below).
Now you are ready to serve!
Serve in individual bowls with a squeeze of lime overtop and more red pepper flakes to taste.
Adjusting For Dietary Restrictions
- Nut-Free: Simply omit the cashews or peanuts to keep this recipe nut free.
- Gluten-Free: For the dressing, use tamari or coconut aminos (no soy sauce) to keep this fruit salad GF.
How To Store Leftovers
This Thai mango salad is best fresh (or within a few hours), but if you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Summer Recipes
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Thai Crunch Salad
- Mango + Avocado Sushi Rolls
- Sesame Ginger Cucumber Soba Salad
If you try this mango salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SPICY THAI MANGO SALAD
A fresh thai salad with mango, cucumber, carrot, tomato, and cilantro in a flavorful dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan, Asian
- 1 English cucumber, julienned (or your favorite)
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 mango, julienned or sliced
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful cashews or peanuts, optional
- cilantro, as much as you like, to serve
- 1 – 2 limes, to serve
- 2 tablespoons tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut, pure cane or raw sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- juice of one lime
In a small bowl, mix together tamari, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and juice of lime. Set aside. Mix before adding to the salad, we want the sugar to be as dissolved as possible.
Prepare your vegetables and fruit, place in medium sized bowl, pour the dressing and mix well. Serve in individual bowls with an extra squeeze of lime and nuts overtop.
You can sub in 3 – 4 Persian cucumbers in place of the English. Both of these types of cucumbers have less seeds making them ideal for being julienned. Regular cucumber works too if needed.
Add in red bell pepper to the mix, those will add a bit of sweetness and crunch.
In place of using sugar, opt for pure maple syrup instead.