STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
Strawberry Spinach Salad with creamy vegan poppy seed dressing and avocado is nutritious, flavorful and easy to make. Plus, it’s oil free and ready in 5 minutes!
Are you ready for another fully loaded big summer salad? I hope so because they are my favorite kind. And when strawberries are in season this salad is a must!
Full of flavor and texture, this fresh and fruity Strawberry Spinach Salad is crazy delicious and easy to make with just a few tasty ingredients. I love mine topped with slivered almonds and coconut bacon for the ultimate fruit and veggie salad!
For me big leafy green salads like this delicious Caesar Salad, amazing Vegan Cobb Salad and colorful Thai Crunch Salad are what I love. There’s nothing wimpy about them at all, these easy vegan salads are hearty, filling and full of healthy fiber and nutrients.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Fresh spinach, strawberry, avocado, onion and almonds are drizzled with a light and creamy poppy seed dressing for the ultimate fruit and veggie salad!
Here is everything you’ll will need:
- Red onion
- Slivered almonds
- Coconut bacon
- Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
Adjusting For Dietary Restrictions
- Nut-Free: Omit the almonds and use sunflower seeds, pepitas or hemp hearts.
- Low-Fat: Omit the avocado, nuts and/or coconut bacon.
How To Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Quarter the strawberries and slice the onions.
- Make the poppyseed dressing.
- Place spinach in the bottom of your serving bowl.
- Add the strawberries, onion, avocado, almonds and coconut bacon on top.
- Pour the dressing over top and add a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Eat as is or toss to combine.
Tips For ‘Your’ Best Salad
- Change up the nuts. In place of slivered almonds, use walnuts or pecans (raw or toasted). Even toasted sunflower seeds would be great.
- Deflame the onion. To reduce the intensity of the raw red onion, try ‘deflaming’ the slices by soaking them in cool or warm water for 10 minutes before using.
- Use different dressing. For variation, try dressing the salad with this healthy Flax & Evo Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Arrange or toss the salad. I prefer to ‘arrange’ my salads instead of tossing the ingredients together. If you prefer each bite to be more random than tossing is for you, making the yummy ingredients hidden throughout.
- Making for a crowd? When feeding a crowd you’ll most likely want to toss the salad before setting it on the table. If so, cut the onion into 1 1/2 inch thin slices and dice the avocado into 1/2 – 3/4 inch pieces. You may consider having a bowl of the coconut bacon on the side so your guests can optionally top their salad if they like.
Can Strawberry Spinach Salad Be Made Ahead?
Yes! Strawberry spinach salad can be made ahead of time and is perfect for entertaining and meal prep. Store the salad in the refrigerator for up to 2 – 3 days (depending on how fresh your strawberries are). For best presentation, I suggest keeping the salad and dressing separate until ready to serve.
More Summer Salad Recipes
- Radish and Cucumber Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Quick + Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- Strawberry, Apple + Quinoa Spinach Salad
- Spicy Thai Mango Salad
If you try this easy salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
AVOCADO STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
Strawberry Spinach Salad is an easy to make spinach salad with juicy strawberries, sliced avocado, almonds, red onion and coconut bacon, and topped with a delicious creamy poppy seed dressing!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3
- Category: Salad
- Method: toss
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 + 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered or sliced
- 1 – 2 avocados, sliced or diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds*
- 1/3 cup coconut bacon
- 1 batch Creamy Poppyseed Dressing**
In individual serving bowls, add the spinach and arrange the strawberries, avocado, red onion, almonds and coconut bacon. Drizzle the top with poppy seed dressing. Top with fresh cracked pepper and sprinkle of salt.
*In place of slivered almonds, use walnuts or pecans (raw or toasted). Even toasted sunflower seeds would be great.
**For variation, try dressing the salad with this healthy Flax & Evo Balsamic Vinaigrette.
To reduce the intensity of raw red onion, try ‘deflaming’ them by soaking the slices in cool or warm water for 10 minutes before using.
I like to ‘arrange’ my salads instead of tossing the ingredients together, but f you prefer each bite to be more random than tossing is for you, making the yummy ingredients hidden throughout.
Making for a crowd? When feeding a crowd you’ll most likely want to toss the salad before setting it on the table. If so, cut the onion into 1 1/2 inch thin slices and dice the avocado into 1/2 – 3/4 inch pieces. You may consider having a bowl of the coconut bacon on the side so your guests can optionally top their salad if they like.
Keywords: strawberry spinach salad
Follow TSV on Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter / RSS
I made this for lunch today and loved it. It was a wonderful combination of ingredients for color, texture and taste. The dressing complemented all the ingredients in the salad. This is sure to make a frequent appearance on our lunch table.
So glad you loved it! Thanks so much for sharing Mona. Cheers :)
Had this for dinner last night. It was delicious! Thank you
Thanks Sue! So glad you loved as much as I did! Cheers :)