Happy day when you add a bowl of sunshine to your life!
This Carrot Ginger Zucchini Sunshine Soup is just that, with lot’s of flavor and pretty colors to brighten any day.
What else is so great about this recipe is that it’s a one pot meal, meaning less dishes. It just keeps getting brighter and brighter!
Simple to put together + simple to put away = Simply lovely!
Even better still, this recipe is versatile to pretty much whatever you have in your kitchen.
- Replace the potatoes with more carrots and zucchini if you like.
- I happen to have added coconut milk to this recipe but you can easily use your favorite nut milk instead without losing any flavor.
Let’s all shine on!Print
CARROT GINGER ZUCCHINI SUNSHINE SOUP
Loaded with veggies and spices, this carrot ginger sunshine soup is nourishing and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Soup, Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 1/4 cup water (for water saute)
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion or 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 can light coconut milk, or nut milk*
- 3 1/4 cups water or vegetable broth, give or take (divided)
- himalayan salt & pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat, add garlic, onion, ginger, pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, nutmeg. Saute mixture until garlic and onions are translucent, about 5 min.
Add carrots, potatoes, zucchini, mix well with spices and cook another 7 minutes or so. Add lemon juice and 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft and cooked, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or so, depends on how small you chopped your pieces…the smaller the quicker they soften.
Turn off heat , add coconut milk. Using an immersion blender, purée vegetables until creamy. Return to medium heat, add broth and cook until completely warmed through. Serve with bread or crackers if you wish. I had some olive oil & sea salt pita chips with mine. Very delicious!
Enjoy the sunshine!
Adapted from The Lotus and The Artichoke… Carrot Ginger Zucchini Soup