Healthy Carrot Zucchini Soup with veggies, ginger, cumin, turmeric, coconut milk and lemon makes for a colorful, quick and easy summer soup that’s both nourishing and delicious! I like to call it ‘Sunshine Soup’!
Happy day when you add a bowl of sunshine to your life!
This quick and easy Carrot Zucchini Soup is just that, with lots of flavor and pretty colors to brighten any day. It’s a perfect summer soup that is sure to please!
What else is so great about this recipe is that it’s a one pot meal, meaning less dishes. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make!
Simple to put together + simple to put away = Simply lovely!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, onion, carrots, and zucchini are sauteed with flavorful spices, then simmered until tender before adding coconut milk and pureed into a healthy and delicious soup all types of eaters will love!
Here is everything you will need (you can find measurements in the recipe card below):
- Onion + garlic
- Cumin, coriander, turmeric and paprika
- Coconut milk – full or low fat (or use your favorite nut milk)
- Salt + pepper
How To Make Zucchini Carrot Soup
- Saute: Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat, add onion and saute 5 minutes. Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, and turmeric, cook 1 minute more, or until fragrant. Add carrots and zucchini, cook another 7 minutes or so.
- Simmer: Add the vegetable broth/water, bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients: Turn off heat, add coconut milk and lemon juice.
- Puree: Using an immersion blender (affiliate link), purée vegetables until creamy. You can also transfer to a standing blender to puree. Or feel free to enjoy as is!
- Warm as needed: Return to low heat and warm through if needed.
How To Store
- Refrigerator: Leftovers will keep for 5 – 6 days in the refrigerator, stored in a covered container.
- Freezer: This zucchini carrot soup is freezer friendly and freezes well for up to 2 – 3 months. To freeze, let cool completely and store in freezer safe containers (affiliate link), leaving 1/2 inch head space for expansion. You can also freeze larger portions in large ziplock bags (remove as much air as possible before zip locking). Let thaw before reheating.
- Reheat: Simply re-warm on the stovetop over low heat until warmed through. Alternatively, reheat in the microwave using 30 – 60 second intervals, stirring after each, until warm.
This healthy summer soup is great on its own, but can be made even heartier with a little something on the side. Here are a few of my favorite ideas for toppings and sides:
- Bread: Serve with homemade Artisan Bread or crackers if you wish. I had some olive oil & sea salt pita chips with mine.
- Toppings: Top with fresh chopped cilantro, chives or green onions.
- Sandwich: Serve with this summer Veggie Hummus Sandwich or Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich for a hearty meal.
- Salad: Pair with a fresh salad like this Crunchy Kale Salad with Cranberries or Kale, Date & Almond Salad.
More Easy Soup Recipes
If you try this easy soup recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
CARROT GINGER ZUCCHINI SOUP
Carrot Zucchini Soup is loaded with veggies, ginger, coconut milk and flavorful spices making for a quick and easy summer soup that is both nourishing and delicious! I like to call it Sunshine Soup!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Soup, Entree
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 1/4 cup water (for water saute)
- 4 – 5 medium carrots (about 2 cups), diced
- 2 medium zucchini (about 2 1/2 cups), chopped
- 1 medium onion (about 1 cup), chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 can ( 15oz) coconut milk (light or full fat)
- 3 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- himalayan salt + pepper to taste
Saute: Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat, add onion and saute 5 minutes. Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, and turmeric, cook 1 minute more, or until fragrant. Add carrots and zucchini, cook another 7 minutes or so.
Simmer: Add the vegetable broth/water, bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients: Turn off heat, add coconut milk and lemon juice.
Puree: Using an immersion blender, purée vegetables until creamy. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a standing blender to puree, may take two batches depending on the size of your blender cup.
Warm as needed: Return to low heat and warm through if needed.
Serve: Serve with homemade Artisan Bread or crackers if you wish. I had some olive oil & sea salt pita chips with mine. Very delicious!
Serves 4 – 6
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 – 6 days, in covered containers.
Sub coconut milk with your favorite plant milk – almond, cashew, soy, oat, etc.
Edited: This was recipe was updated. The only changes made were to omit 2 peeled and cubed potatoes. Feel free to add them in, they will thicken the soup. Add them with the carrots and zucchini, cooking as directed.
Updated: Carrot Zucchini Soup was originally published in July 2012. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in July 2020.