QUINOA SALAD WITH ORANGE, CRANBERRY & MINT
Healthy and delicious, this flavorful Quinoa Salad is made with orange, cranberry, chickpeas, mint & parsley, and is so easy to make!
Quinoa salads are so versatile and are a favorite around here! Like this Cherry, Pistachio & Mint Quinoa Salad, Greek Quinoa Salad, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, or this tasty Grilled Peach, Corn & Zucchini Quinoa Salad. All are easy and delicious, and if you love quinoa salads, these are for you!
This easy, vegan Quinoa Salad recipe features juicy clementines, sweet cranberries, protein rich chickpeas, fresh mint & parsley, tossed with fresh arugula and a simple apple cider vinaigrette. It’s a perfect summery quinoa salad, but can also be made throughout the year when these little oranges are in season!
This new variation is another great addition to the recipe collection. It’s bursting with flavor, textures, and is a classic combination of ingredients. And I think you’re going to love it as much as I do!
- Quinoa: I’ve used tri-color quinoa here, but feel free to use your favorite. If needed the quinoa can be made ahead, and salad assembled when ready.
- Oranges: Use whatever oranges are available to you, or use your favorites. They can be cut widthwise like I’ve done here, or simply peel them apart and use wedges.
- Dried Fruit: In place of cranberries, try chopping up dried cherries or use fresh pomegranates.
- Herbs: Use as much mint and parsley as you like. The mint is especially delicious, and together the mint and parsley add fresh, bright flavors.
- The Dressing: The quinoa dressing is super simple, using just apple cider vinegar, juice of 1 orange, oil, minced garlic and salt. You can easily make this oil free, by omitting the oil. For a creamy dressing, try this Orange-Ginger Cashew Dressing – it’s delicious!
How To Make Quinoa Salad
- Make the quinoa, it takes 15 minutes of cooking and 10 minutes to rest.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep the oranges, mint and parsley.
- Mix the dressing together.
- Once everything is ready, combine it all together.
Now all you have to do is enjoy! Serve at room temperature or chilled.
How To Store Leftovers
This quinoa salad can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days.
This quinoa salad with orange, cranberry and mint is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Full of protein and fiber
- Healthy & colorful
- Only 10 ingredients
- Gluten free
- & So delicious
This flavorful salad makes for a great side dish, lunch, dinner or snack. It’s perfect for potlucks, parties and picnics. And because it can be made ahead, it’s great for weekly meal prep!
If you try this easy quinoa recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
QUNIOA SALAD + ORANGE, CRANBERRY & MINT
Full of classic flavors, this easy quinoa salad makes for a great side dish, lunch, or dinner. Perfect for parties and picnics too! Feel free to add as much clementines and cranberries as you like.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Entree, Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 7 – 8 clementine, tangerine, mandarine or other small oranges
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dried organic cranberries
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- handful arugula
- handful slivered almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 small orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- mineral salt and pepper, to taste
Quinoa: Rinse the quinoa under cool running water using a seive (I typically skip this step). Add the quinoa and water to a medium size pot, and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover and let rest for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Oranges: Peel the oranges and thinly slice them widthwise 1/4 inch thick. Alternately, just peel the oranges into their natural wedges.
Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine the cider vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper.
Assemble: Using the pot the quinoa was cooked in, or a large mixing bowl, add the quinoa, chickpeas, oranges, cranberries, onion, arugula, mint and parsley, pour the dressing overtop and mix to combine. Season with more salt & pepper to taste.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Serves 4 – 6
Store: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days. Salad can also be made ahead and travels well!
For variation, substitute the cranberries with chopped dried cherries or fresh pomegranate seeds.
Omit the oil to make this quinoa salad oil-free.
One of my go-to salad recipes now. So refreshing and tasty!
Wow, so refreshing, even the men in my life like it!
Even my not so healthy family and friends love this salad! I just recommended it to my sister who called and needed something for an office party.
This is so yummy!!! I started cooking only last year and this is a wonderfully easy recipe for a cooking dummy like me 🙂
Yummy I substituted the chickpeas with black beans. It is delicious and taste refreshing.
This was simple & delicious! I added a touch of sweetener to the dressing. Highly recommend x
It was delicious, and everyone loved it!
This was so good. Even better the next day when the clementines and mint got to settle in with everything. I overcooked the quinoa a little which was my bad because it was a little mushy but it was still so good.
Yay! Mine never made it to the next day, but that is good to know! Cheers :)
This is a gorgeous quinoa salad! I’m sure it is even more delicious! The addition of clementines makes it perfect for summer. ?
Thank you Alexis!