This healthy Greek Quinoa Salad featuring chickpeas, cucumber, olives, and fresh herbs is so full of flavor, easy to make and a crowd-pleasing favorite! Low-fat, vegan and WFPB recipe.
Another healthy quinoa salad is born!
I love my quinoa salads! You will find a variety on TSV like this Cherry, Pistachio + Mint Quinoa Salad, Curry Cauliflower & Quinoa Salad, Apple Harvest Quinoa Salad, this easy Lemon Quinoa & Chickpea Salad, or this nutritious Kale & Quinoa Salad!
The Greek Quinoa Salad I’m sharing with you today is a new favorite brimming with colorful Mediterranean veggies, herbs and bright flavors for a healthy, well-balanced side dish or main meal.
More reasons to love this mediterranean inspired quinoa salad! It’s:
- quick and easy to make
- perfect for entertaining small and large crowds
- gluten-free + grain-free
- travels well for potlucks, picnics or B.B.Q’s
- full of protein and fiber
- & so delicious!
I think you’ll agree that it’s a sensational quinoa salad that leaves you feeling refreshed and fully satisfied!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This mediterranean inspired recipe combines cooked quinoa with a variety of colorful veggies and herbs, creating a flavorful quinoa salad perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep ideas.
Here is everything you will need:
- Quinoa – Use your favorite quinoa. I used a combo of white and tri-color. Quinoa can be found at your local grocery store with the dried grains.
- Veggies – Included in this quinoa salad is cucumber, tomatoes, and olives. Feel free to add more or less of anything, you almost can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- Chickpeas – For a healthy dose of protein, and just because they are awesome, garbanzo beans add texture and bulk.
- Herbs – I used parsley and dill for the herbs which paired perfectly with everything, both adding just a hint of flavor. Try adding oregano or mint for variation.
- Lemon – There is no dressing here, just a simple squeeze of lemon for brightness and a sprinkle of salt & pepper is all you’ll need. If you like, mince up some garlic and mix it with a little olive oil and lemon juice for a little extra bump in flavor. Or use this Zesty Garlic Dressing.
- Olives – For the Greek olives, use your favorites. Here I used a mix, but either all green or Kalamata would work fine too.
How To Make Greek Quinoa Salad
Making quinoa salad is easy as can be. This is a quick overview, at the bottom of the post is the full, printable recipe instructions.
- Cook the quinoa. Rinse and cook on the stovetop according to package directions or use this Instant Pot Quinoa for a hands-off recipe.
- Prep the produce and herbs.
- Assemble quinoa salad. Once everything is prepped, add the ingredients to a mixing/serving bowl (or use the pot you cooked the quinoa in). Top with salt, pepper, lemon and an optional drizzle of oil, and give a good toss.
And that’s it, a vibrant Mediterranean quinoa salad made healthy and delicious!
How To Store + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, in a covered container.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing this salad because of the cucumber. If you do plan on freezing, omit cucumber and add it at serving time. This quinoa salad will last 2 – 3 months in the freezer. To freeze, simply let cool completely and store in freezer safe containers (affiliate link), or large baggies. Let thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
- Make ahead: This is great for meal prep and can be made ahead and stored in serving size portions for later.
Here are few ideas to make this quinoa salad even better!
- Add sliced or diced avocado for creaminess.
- For a little heat, add a few small pepperoncinis to your serving!
- Pair with this homemade soft & chewy Vegan Naan.
- Serve with veggie sticks and Classic Hummus or Simple White Bean Hummus.
More Easy Quinoa Recipes
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Black Bean + Quinoa Burritos
- Vegetable Quinoa Soup
- Curried Cauliflower Salad
- Quinoa Chili Verde
- See all vegan Quinoa recipes on TSV!
If you try this Greek quinoa salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
GREEK QUINOA SALAD
Greek Quinoa Salad is a healthy and filling quinoa salad loaded with the colors and flavors of the mediterranean!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: simmer, mix
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half (diced red bell pepper would work here too)
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jar (7 oz) kalamata olives (about 1 cup), pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 large lemon
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- peperoncini, to serve
- lemon slices, to serve (optional)
- arugula, to serve (optional)
Quinoa: Rinse the quinoa using a fine mesh strainer. In a medium size pot, add the water, quinoa and garlic powder and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover and let stand for 10 – 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Alternatively, you can make this Instant Pot Quinoa.
Assemble: Once quinoa is ready, add in the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt, fresh cracked pepper and the juice of 1 large lemon.
Serve on a bed of arugula or as is. Tastes great with pepperoncinis and a little extra lemon juice over top. Add extra virgin olive oil if you wish. Season to taste with salt + pepper.
This dish can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Serves 4 – 6
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 5 – 6 days.
Optional dressing: You may like to use this Garlic Dressing from a previous recipe. I would suggest doubling it for use here. Add/subtract any ingredients to suit your taste.
Updated: Greek Quinoa Salad originally published June 2013 and has been updated June 2020 with new photos and helpful tips.