This healthy Greek Quinoa Salad featuring chickpeas, cucumber, olives, and fresh herbs is so full of flavor, easy to make and a crowd-pleasing favorite! Low-fat, vegan and WFPB recipe.
Another healthy quinoa salad is born!
I love my quinoa salads! You will find a variety on TSV like this Cherry Pistachio Quinoa Salad, Curry Cauliflower Quinoa Salad, Apple Harvest Quinoa Salad, this easy Lemon Quinoa Chickpea Salad, or this nutritious Kale Quinoa Salad!
The Greek Quinoa Salad I’m sharing with you today is a new favorite brimming with colorful Mediterranean veggies, herbs and bright flavors for a healthy, well-balanced side dish or main meal.
Why We Love This Quinoa Recipe
- quick and easy to make
- perfect for entertaining small and large crowds
- gluten-free, grain-free, and oil-free
- travels well for potlucks, picnics or B.B.Q’s
- full of protein and fiber
I think you’ll agree that it’s a sensational quinoa salad that leaves you feeling refreshed and fully satisfied!
Greek Quinoa Salad Ingredients
This mediterranean inspired recipe combines cooked quinoa with a variety of colorful veggies and herbs, creating a flavorful quinoa salad perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep ideas.
Here is everything you will need:
- Quinoa – Use your favorite quinoa. I used a combo of white and tri-color. Quinoa can be found at your local grocery store with the dried grains.
- Veggies – Included in this quinoa salad is cucumber, tomatoes, and olives. Feel free to add more or less of anything, you almost can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- Chickpeas – For a healthy dose of protein, and just because they are awesome, garbanzo beans add texture and bulk.
- Herbs – I used parsley and dill for the herbs which paired perfectly with everything, both adding just a hint of flavor. Try adding oregano or mint for variation.
- Lemon – There is no dressing here, just a simple squeeze of lemon for brightness and a sprinkle of salt & pepper is all you’ll need. If you like, mince up some garlic and mix it with a little olive oil and lemon juice for a little extra bump in flavor. Or use this Zesty Garlic Dressing.
- Olives – For the Greek olives, use your favorites. Here I used a mix, but either all green or Kalamata would work fine too.
How To Make Greek Quinoa Salad
Making quinoa salad is easy as can be. This is a quick overview, at the bottom of the post is the full, printable recipe instructions.
- Cook the quinoa. Rinse and cook on the stovetop according to package directions or use this Instant Pot Quinoa for a hands-off recipe.
- Prep the produce and herbs.
- Assemble quinoa salad. Once everything is prepped, add the ingredients to a mixing/serving bowl (or use the pot you cooked the quinoa in). Top with salt, pepper, lemon and an optional drizzle of oil, and give a good toss.
And that’s it, a vibrant Mediterranean quinoa salad made healthy and delicious!
How To Store + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, in a covered container.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing this salad because of the cucumber. If you do plan on freezing, omit cucumber and add it at serving time. This quinoa salad will last 2 – 3 months in the freezer. To freeze, simply let cool completely and store in freezer safe containers (affiliate link), or large baggies. Let thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
- Make ahead: This is great for meal prep and can be made ahead and stored in serving size portions for later.
Here are few ideas to make this quinoa salad even better!
- Add sliced or diced avocado for creaminess.
- For a little heat, add a few small pepperoncinis to your serving!
- Pair with this homemade soft & chewy Vegan Naan.
- Serve with veggie sticks and Classic Hummus or Simple White Bean Hummus.
More Easy Quinoa Recipes
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Black Bean + Quinoa Burritos
- Vegetable Quinoa Soup
- Curried Cauliflower Salad
- Quinoa Chili Verde
- See all vegan Quinoa recipes on TSV!
If you try this Greek quinoa salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
GREEK QUINOA SALAD
Greek Quinoa Salad is a healthy and filling quinoa salad loaded with the colors and flavors of the mediterranean!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 – 6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: simmer, mix
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half (diced red bell pepper would work here too)
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jar (7 oz) kalamata olives (about 1 cup), pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 large lemon
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- peperoncini, to serve
- lemon slices, to serve (optional)
- arugula, to serve (optional)
Quinoa: Rinse the quinoa using a fine mesh strainer. In a medium size pot, add the water, quinoa and garlic powder and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover and let stand for 10 – 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Alternatively, you can make this Instant Pot Quinoa.
Assemble: Once quinoa is ready, add in the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt, fresh cracked pepper and the juice of 1 large lemon.
Serve on a bed of arugula or as is. Tastes great with pepperoncinis and a little extra lemon juice over top. Add extra virgin olive oil if you wish. Season to taste with salt + pepper.
This dish can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Serves 4 – 6
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 5 – 6 days.
Optional dressing: You may like to use this Garlic Dressing from a previous recipe. I would suggest doubling it for use here. Add/subtract any ingredients to suit your taste.
Updated: Greek Quinoa Salad originally published June 2013 and has been updated June 2020 with new photos and helpful tips.