Ramen noodles with red bell pepper, green onion, ginger, bean sprouts and basil lightly stir-fried in sesame oil w/ red pepper flakes, a little tamari in the mix and all topped with sesame seeds.
Not too shabby for this last minute throw together meal. I should call it ‘the cleaning out the fridge recipe’, as it was just that and so very good!
I’ve used ramen noodles here to add them to the recipe collection but you can sub in 100% soba noodles making this a gluten free dish. I’ve been going through most of the Asian noodles and thought I would give these a try. They cook up quick, 4 minutes, making this dish come together in under 30 minutes.
Feel free to add in as many veggies as you wish. Keep it simple like shown or add sliced mushrooms, carrots, zucchini and/or broccoli florets just to name a few for your consideration. You can never have enough vegetables in my opinion, so overshooting is ok, especially the basil…the more the merrier!
An easy and basic recipe, perfect for those who want a hearty noodle dish pronto!Print
SPICY RAMEN NOODLE BOWL
A quick and easy ramen noodle bowl with red bell peppers, basil, bean sprouts and scallions in a savory broth.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3 1x
- Category: Noodles, Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 package (9 oz.) ramen noodles
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 – 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (lightly packed), chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame, sesame or grapeseed oil or 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons tamari, soy sauce or coconut amino’s
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, optional
Easy as …
- Cook your ramen noodles according to package and set aside.
- While water is boiling start chopping your produce. In wok or saute pan, heat oil on medium high. Add your veggies and spices, cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Slowly add tamari and rice vinegar, it will sizzle, continue to cook for another 3 minutes or so, depending on how you like your veggies cooked (I prefer mine al dente). Add the ramen noodles to the pan and toss, cook for 2 more minutes, or until noodles are warmed.
- Place in serving dish and top with sesame seeds, mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Add in any extra veggies you like. This was just a throw together with what I had in my fridge. Feel free to add more of any of the spices and tamari. Fresh cilantro would be great at serving too. As always my recipes are just a template, adjust to your liking.
Sub in 100% soba noodles for the ramen noodles to make this gluten free.
make oil free, use 3 – 4 tablespoons of veggie broth or water to stir fry. Add it just as you would the oil and cook accordingly. If you have room in your freezer, you can use an ice cube tray and freeze some veggie broth cubes. 3 cubes = approx. 1/4 cup.
Add in some cubed tofu while cooking the vegetables for added protein.