Farmer’s Market Salad with corn, zucchini, red bell pepper, peaches and tangy sun-dried tomato vinaigrette is a healthy, fresh and colorful summer vegan lunch or dinner!
Meet my new favorite summer salad!
It’s right up there with this Grilled Peach, Corn & Zucchini Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette, Strawberry Spinach Salad, Vegan Cobb Salad and Vegan Caesar Salad. All perfect for summer!
Loaded with crispy leafy greens, zucchini, red bell pepper, corn, peaches, avocado and tangy sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, this vegan Farmer’s Market Salad is simply the best!
Whether you pick up your produce for the farmer’s market or local grocery store, this healthy salad brings together a variety of summer’s bounties into a hearty salad that I could eat every day. And I know you’ll love it too!
So without further ado, let’s un-cook something wonderful!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This salad recipes focuses on fresh ingredients and can be changed up as needed using whatever is easy and accessible.
Here is everything you’ll need, plus ingredient variations:
- Romaine – or use your favorite leafy greens
- Zucchini – yellow squash is ok too
- Corn on the cob – can sub with canned corn if needed
- Red bell peppers – or any color you prefer
- Peaches – sub with nectarines
- Red onion – sliced green onions work too
- Sun-dried tomato vinaigrette – uses oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, but you can use dried that have been soaked in water.
- Salt + pepper
How To Make Farmer’s Market Salad
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
- Start with the dressing first, this will let the flavors have time to mingle before using.
- Prep the veggies.
- Layer the salad in a serving bowl starting with the leafy greens.
- Pour the sun-dried tomatoes over top, as shown below.
And now you’re ready to dine on this amazing fresh salad!
How To Store + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a covered container.
- Make ahead: You can easily make the dressing and salad ahead, keep stored separate, until ready to use.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad + Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Classic House Salad
- Thai Crunch Salad
If you try this healthy salad recipe, please let me know! I’d love to hear any tips or changes you made to the recipe in the comments below!Print
FARMER’S MARKET SALAD
A fresh and delicious Farmer’s Market Salad with corn, zucchini, red bell pepper and tangy sun-dried tomato vinaigrette is a healthy summer lunch or dinner!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Serves 2 - 3 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: mix, blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 heads romaine, chopped (or 5 oz. spinach or baby kale)
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
- 1 small zucchini, cut into moon shapes
- 1 – 2 nectarines or peaches
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado
- salt + pepper, to taste
Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil or water soaked), see notes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Vinaigrette: Place ingredients into a food processor or blender, and blend until mixture is fairly smooth. Makes about 1 cup.
Salad: For the salad use a much, or as little, as you like of each vegetable.
Assemble: Fill individual bowls with leafy greens and top with the remaining produce. Drizzle with sun-dried tomato vinaigrette overtop. Finish it off with mineral salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
Salad serves 2 generously. Dressing serves 4.
Oil-free + raw vinaigrette: Soak dried sun-dried tomatoes in water for at least 20 minutes. Omit the oil, using water.
For variation, try this Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.
Recommended Equipment: For pureeing the dressing I love using my NutriBullet (affiliate link). It’s compact, easy to clean and perfect for small jobs like this!
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Updated: Farmer’s Market Salad originally published July 2012 and has been updated June 2020 with new photos and helpful tips.