This Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe features sweet potatoes baked to perfection and topped black beans, broccoli, avocado and a delicious creamy sriracha sauce!
Simple, simple, simple!
Hearty and delicious, these simple vegan stuffed sweet potatoes with protein rich black beans, steamed broccoli, creamy avocado and delicious sriracha cashew cream sauce is a perfect healthy meal!
Once you dig in and open up your sweet potato, it will fill the plate with its beautiful orange flesh, while all the flavors combine to create a healthy and satisfying meal that’s both visually appealing and delicious.
This is a nutrient dense meal, that’s oil free, and full of fiber and protein. The addition of the sriracha cashew cheese sauce gives it a nice added spicy punch of flavor that pairs so well with the sweet potato and other ingredients.
Now, let’s get back to basics!
Tips For Making The Best Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
With only five ingredients, it doesn’t take much to make these vegan stuffed sweet potatoes.
- The sweet potatoes bake right on a baking sheet without needing to be covered or wrapped in foil, making them super easy to make. Just be sure to pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork to let steam escape. I use a fork and add a few holes to each side and along the top where I will cut to the sweet potato open.
- The black beans can be warmed, or added at room temperature. I just drain them and add them without heating, the broccoli and sweet potato is warm enough.
- For more creamy sauces, try using this Tahini Miso Dressing, or tahini based Lemon Tahini Dressing or this cashew based Vegan Aioli!
If you try this stuffed sweet potato recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.
VEGAN STUFFED SWEET POTATO
Keep it simple with this flavorful baked sweet potato with, protein rich black beans, steamed broccoli, avocado and creamy sriracha sauce!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3
- Category: Entree, Side
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15oz) black beans
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 – 2 avocado, sliced
- sriracha cashew cheese sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Scrub sweet potato and prick them in a few places with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake until soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Prepare your sriracha cashew cheese sauce and set aside.
Towards the end of baking time, or when sweet potatoes are cooling, steam your broccoli and warm the black beans.
To serve, slice your sweet potato along the top center from end to end, push the ends to open up the middle. Fill with black beans and broccoli, and avocado on the side, and top with a nice drizzle of the sriracha cheese sauce. Enjoy the simples!
Nutritional information includes a serving of sriracha cashew cream sauce.