CHEESY BROCCOLI + AVOCADO STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
Simple Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are baked until tender and stuffed with broccoli, avocado and topped with a delicious creamy sriracha ‘cheese’ sauce!
Simple, simple, simple!
These stuffed sweet potatoes are the ultimate simple meal that’s healthy, hearty and easy to make!
Once you dig in and open up your sweet potato, it will fill the plate with its beautiful orange flesh, while all the flavors combine to create a satisfying meal that’s both visually appealing and delicious.
The addition of the sriracha cashew cheese sauce gives it a nice added spicy punch of flavor that pairs so well with the sweet potato and other ingredients.
Now, let’s get back to the simples!
Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potato Ingredients
- Sweet Potatoes
- Spicy Cheese Sauce
Tips For Making Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
With only four ingredients, it doesn’t take much to make these vegan stuffed sweet potatoes.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes bake right on a baking sheet without needing to be covered or wrapped in foil, making them super easy to make. Just be sure to pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork to let steam escape. I use a fork and add a few holes to each side and along the top where I will cut to the sweet potato open.
- Make the sweet potatoes in the oven or microwave. You’ll find instructions for both in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Don’t over steam the broccoli. For perfect broccoli the color tells all. Broccoli is done as soon as it turns bright green. Over cooked broccoli looses it’s vibrant color and will be mushy.
- For more protein, add a black beans or lentils. They can be warmed, or added at room temperature.
- For more creamy sauces, try using this Tahini Miso Dressing, or tahini based Lemon Tahini Dressing or this cashew based Vegan Aioli!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Chickpea & Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili
- West African Peanut Stew
- See all Sweet Potato recipes on TSV!
If you try this stuffed sweet potato recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
STUFFED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROCCOLI & AVOCADO
Keep it simple with this flavorful baked sweet potato with steamed broccoli, avocado and creamy sriracha sauce!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3
- Category: Entree, Side
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- sriracha cashew cheese sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Scrub sweet potato and prick them in a few places with a fork.
- Oven: Place on baking sheet and bake until soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Microwave: Microwave on high for 5 minutes, rotate the potatoes and cook another 3 – 5 minutes, depending on how large the sweet potatoes are you may even need a 1 – 2 minutes more.
Prepare your sriracha cashew cheese sauce and set aside.
Towards the end of baking time, or when sweet potatoes are cooling, steam your broccoli and warm the optional black beans.
To serve, slice your sweet potato along the top center from end to end, push the ends to open up the middle. Fill with broccoli and avocado, top with a nice drizzle of the sriracha cheese sauce. Enjoy the simples!
Nutritional information includes a serving of sriracha cashew cream sauce.
Updated: Stuffed Sweet Potatoes originally published March 2013 and has been updated November 2019 with new photos and helpful tips. Recipe is still as good as ever, I’ve only added an option to add black beans for more protein. Enjoy!
FOLLOW TSV on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or RSS for more updates and inspiration!
Absolutely delicious. I omitted the avocado and added serrano peppers because I like it spicy. Will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing!
This was super yum! Perfect combination. I can't wait to have it again! And I knew I would love the sauce so I doubled it and used way more sriracha. SO GOOD! Thank you for this great, simple, delicious recipe :)
Came here via Finding Vegan,and I love your beautiful posts-now following :)
Welcome and thank you! Hope you enjoy everything you try. Cheers :)
and the avocados on top of my fridge are almost ripe: genius.
Lucky you…you will love this!! :)