Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes are made with GF flour blend, almond flour, banana, non-dairy milk, and flaxseed meal for a healthy pancake recipe that cooks up moist, fluffy and flavorful!
I love making pancakes and have a few in the recipe collection, like these Classic Vegan Pancakes, Lemon Chia Seed Pancakes, Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes, Buckwheat Pancakes and Pumpkin Pancakes – all are easy and absolutely delicious!
Made with wholesome ingredients, these vegan gluten free almond flour and banana pancakes are a healthy way to start the day!
They have a nice mellow banana flavor, beautiful golden color, and puff up nicely, and will happily be on the morning rotations – as well as the occasional lunch or dinner.
As I’m trying to add in more gluten-free recipes to my diet, these healthy banana pancakes are a great addition to the breakfast list. They are moist, fluffy, easy to make and taste amazing!
Reasons to love these GF pancakes:
- egg free
- dairy free
- moist & fluffy
- quick & healthy
- super easy
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, a blend of gluten-free and almond flour is blended with banana and almond milk, then cooked on a griddle until golden on each side. It’s an easy pancake recipe made from scratch using minimal ingredients and ready in 15 – 20 minutes!
Here is everything you need, plus substitution ideas (measurements are in the recipe card below):
- banana – overripe
- almond milk – pref unsweetened, can also use cashew, oat, soy or rice milk
- vanilla – can be optional if using vanilla flavored non-dairy milk
- gluten-free all purpose or oat flour
- almond flour
- flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds), optional
- baking powder
- cinnamon – optional
- coconut oil for the skillet/griddle if needed
How To Make Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes
- Preheat your griddle according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana until creamy, a few lumps of banana is ok.
- Next, add the milk, vanilla, mix well.
- Add the gluten-free flour, almond meal, flax meal, baking powder, optional cinnamon and salt, and mix until combined (shown above).
- To make uniform pancakes, use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop up and pour the batter onto the preheated griddle.
- Cook until golden on each side, about 2 – 3 minutes per side.
And there you have it, moist, fluffy, gluten-free banana pancakes made healthy and easy!
How To Store + Reheat
Pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer with these easy instructions. You can even double the batch, saving some to store for later.
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, in a covered container.
- Freezer: Vegan gluten free pancakes will last for up to 2 – 3 months in the freezer. To freeze, let cool completely and store in sealed freezer safe containers or ziploc bags, removing as much as possible before sealing. You may want to separate each pancake with a piece of parchment paper.
- Reheat: To reheat, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and cover with foil, place in a preheated oven set to 350 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes, or until warmed through. Alternatively, microwave, covered, using 30 – 60 second intervals until warmed through (covering will help to retain moisture).
- Serve your stack of pancakes with sliced bananas, walnuts and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Make a full and hearty breakfast with these favorites:
- Tofu scramble: Pair with this Simple Tofu Scramble.
- Potatoes: Serve with Breakfast Potatoes or Yukon Gold + Sweet Potato Home Fries.
- Frittata: Pair with warm and delicious Vegetable Vegan Frittata.
If you try this easy pancake recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES (ALMOND FOUR + BANANA)
Vegan gluten free pancakes made with a mix of GF flour blend, almond flour and banana make for a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: Makes 6 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: griddle, stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 overripe banana (about ½ cup), peeled
- ½ – ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free all purpose or oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour*
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds), optional
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for the skillet/griddle if needed
Preheat griddle according to manufactures instructions.
Mix: In a medium bowl, mash the banana until creamy, add the almond milk and vanilla, mix well. Add the flours, baking powder, and pinch of salt, mix until combined. Batter should be on the thicker side.
Cook: Add oil to griddle, using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop and pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook until nicely golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with maple syrup, banana slices and walnuts.
Makes 6 pancakes
You can purchase almond flour or make your own at home by processing raw almonds in a food processor/blender until a flour/meal consistency.
You may like to add one tablespoon coconut palm sugar or pure cane sugar as well. Depending on how ripe your banana is, the added sweetness will compensate if your banana is not fully ripened.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Updated: Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes was originally published in March 2013. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in August 2020.