White Bean & Cauliflower Alfredo featuring high protein white beans and cauliflower, blended into a creamy vegan Alfredo sauce that is just an all around awesome sauce!
Cauliflower alfredo sauce is not the high saturated fat and high calorie Alfredo sauce that you may be used too. Nope, this creamy vegan Alfredo style sauce is a much better, healthier and in my opinion tastes better!
Toss all this non-dairy goodness with a whole grain or gluten free pasta and this meal is as healthy as it can get. I paired this my pasta with a mix of sauteed mushrooms, kale and sun-dried tomatoes.
All together, this pasta dish is high in protein and fiber with wonderful flavors to match!
White Bean & Cauliflower Alfredo Ingredients
- cannellini beans
- unsweetened non-dairy milk
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- nutritional yeast
- pasta of choice (or use spiralized zucchini noodles)
Gather your ingredients and let’s make a delicious creamy vegan Alfredo sauce!
How To Make White Bean & Cauliflower Vegan Alfredo:
- Remove leaves and bottom core, cut cauliflower into large florets and place in pot of boiling water. Cook for 20 minutes, or until soft, drain.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in saute pan over medium to medium high heat, add shallots and cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Place cooked cauliflower in blender/food processor along with beans, milk, shallots and nutmeg.
- Blend until creamy. Taste for flavor adding salt, pepper and any other spice you might like. Also, if sauce is too thick add a splash or so more milk (or water) as needed, blend again.
- Cook the pasta, add the sauce with this cooked pasta and serve.
And that’s it, vegan Alfredo sauce made with cauliflower and white beans made healthy and easy! Recipe is ready in about 35 minutes.
How To Store Leftover Alfredo Sauce
Store leftover cauliflower Alfredo in the refrigerator for up to 6 – 7 days. To reheat, warm on the stovetop with a splash of non-dairy milk to bring back creaminess.
This High-Protein Alfredo Sauce is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Full of protein and fiber
- Made with simple, everyday ingredients
- Low fat
- & So delicious!
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re into pasta dishes, be sure to check out my easy:
- Spinach and Ricotta Vegan Stuffed Shells
- Creamy Broccoli and Pasta
- One Pot Penne with Mushrooms & Sausage
- or see all vegan pasta recipes on TSV!
If you try this White Bean & Cauliflower Alfredo recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
WHITE BEAN & CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO (VEGAN + HEALTHY )
This is a great vegan cream sauce for your pasta of choice or simply drizzle it over a plate of veggies if you like. Makes for a filling and healthy meal! Recipe inspired by Cupcakes and Kale.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
Alfredo Sauce (makes approx. 4 cups)
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot or ½ onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- mineral salt & pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional (I didn’t use any)
- 16 oz. pasta, any type (I used penne)
optional side of veggies
- 5 – 6 kale leaves, stem removed and chopped
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- generous pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
Alfredo Sauce: Remove any leaves and core the bottom of the cauliflower. Cut cauliflower into large florets and place in pot of boiling water. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until soft, drain. While cauliflower is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in saute pan over medium to medium high heat, add shallots and cook until soft and lightly browned.
Place cooked cauliflower in blender/food processor along with beans, milk, shallots and nutmeg. Blend until creamy. Taste for flavor adding salt, pepper and any other spice you might like. Also, if sauce is too thick add a splash or so more milk (or water) as needed, blend again.
Veggies: In same saute pan you cooked the shallots, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, kale, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Saute kale until it has sweated down, approx 5 min. You could use a cover to help. Turn off heat when done.
Pasta: Cook according to package instructions.
Assemble: Place cooked pasta back to the same pot it was cooked in, add as much sauce as you like. Stir gently to coat. Add a tad more sauce if needed. Alternately, add the veggie mix to the pasta and mix. Turn heat to low and cook until warmed through adding a splash or so of milk if needed to keep from drying out. We want to keep it moist and creamy.
Pairs well with this Artisan Bread!
Store: Keep remaining sauce or any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Will last up to a week. When reheating, add more non-dairy milk to maintain creaminess if needed.
Updated: White Bean + Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce originally published September 2012 and has been updated March 2019 with new photos and helpful tips. Enjoy!