My favorite Veggie Hummus Sandwich is filled with summer vegetables, avocado, sprouts, and hummus, and is nothing short of simplicity and deliciousness!
I love summer with its abundance of cool and juicy veggies – tomatoes, cucumbers and avocados are the a few of my favorites!
And I can’t think of another way to enjoy them all at once, other than in a sandwich with red onion, fresh sprouts, slather of hummus and sprinkle of mineral salt and fresh cracked pepper.
It’s a simple hummus sandwich that I deem my ‘favorite’! Loaded with flavor and juiciness, it’s a classic vegan sandwich that I’ve come back to many times over the years.
It’s nothing short of wonderful, and I think you’re going to love it as much as I do!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, bread is slathered with hummus and layered with veggies and sprouts, creating a delicious quick and easy WFPB sandwich that’s both healthy and satisfying!
Here is everything you will need:
- red onion
- sprouts or leafy greens – both would be great too
- hummus – use store bought (favs are Cedar’s or Good & Gather) or make this homemade hummus
- favorite bread – I used Dave’s Killer Bread
- mineral salt + cracked pepper
How To Make Veggie Hummus Sandwich
- If you like your bread toasted, start by toasting your bread.
- When adding condiments I like to spread a thin layer of hummus (or vegan mayo) on both slices of bread. Use as much as you like.
- Layer one slice of bread with the cucumber and red onion, and on the other slice, layer the tomato, avocado, and sprouts or leafy greens.
- Top it off with a sprinkle of salt and pepper over both slices, add sandwich top, slice in half and enjoy!
Simple, delicious and ready in minutes. Enjoy the taste of summer!
How To Store + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Prepared hummus sandwiches can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Meal prep: When meal prepping, the sandwiches can be made the night before or the day of, and then stored in multi-use containers (affiliate link) or bento boxes.
What To Serve With Hummus Sandwich
This veggie filled sandwich is great alone or paired with a side for an even heartier meal. Here are a few of my favorite options:
- Salad: Serve with this easy Classic House Salad or Vegan Caesar Salad.
- Soup: Pair with this Vegetable Quinoa Soup or Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
- Veggies + Dip: Pair with fresh veggie sticks with Vegan French Onion Dip, Vegan Ranch or Simple White Bean Hummus.
- Chips: Serve with a side of Simple Crispy Kale Chips or Homemade Baked Potato Chips.
More Easy Vegan Sandwich Recipes
- Cranberry Walnut Vegan ‘Chicken’ Salad Sandwich
- Toasted Tofu Avocado Sandwich
- Curried Chickpea ‘Chicken’ Salad Sandwich
- Spicy Lentil + Quinoa Wraps
- Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich
- Hummus Veggie Wraps
If you try this easy sandwich recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
BEST VEGGIE HUMMUS SANDWICH
The best Hummus Sandwich is made with avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and onion, layered with creamy hummus and salt & pepper for a simple and delicious vegan lunch, dinner or meal prep idea!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: layer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Start by toasting your bread, or leave untoasted.
Add a nice layer of hummus to both inside slices of bread. Layer with the tomato, avocado, sprouts/leafy greens. cucumber, red onion (in any way order you like), and sprinkle with a little mineral salt and fresh cracked pepper.
If you find that your hummus is very thick, try adding a tablespoon of water at a time and mix well until desired consistency. I prefer my hummus to be on the thinner side for spreads.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Updated: Hummus Sandwich was originally published in July 2012. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in June 2020.