Blueberry Banana Smoothie – A creamy blend of blueberries and banana with a dollop of protein-rich nut butter and a hint of cinnamon for a deliciously healthy vegan smoothie!
This smoothie with banana and blueberry is just as delicious and nutritious as the rest!
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Refined sugar-free. The only sugars you will find in this smoothie are the natural fruit sugars and their nutrients.
- Healthy snack or light meal. Full of nutrients (see recipe card for more!), serve this smoothie as a light breakfast, snack, or pick-me-up any time of day.
- Quick & easy. Ready in under 5 minutes, it’s perfect when you are ‘hangry’ and need something fast.
When you crave something light and healthy, this blueberry and banana smoothie recipe is the best!
It’s a celebration of whole food plant based ingredients that taste great together!
Banana-Blueberry Smoothie Ingredients
Here is everything you will need (measurements can be found in the recipe card below):
- Banana – Economical, loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, bananas make a great filler for smoothies while improving gut health. Use frozen or fresh.
- Blueberries – Full of antioxidants and essential vitamins, blueberries are among the healthiest fruits. Use frozen, or buy fresh and freeze overnight.
- Nut butter – Adding nut butter such as peanut, almond, or cashew will add a nice dose of healthy plant-based protein. For nut allergies, sub with sunflower butter.
- Cinnamon – Noted for boosting the brain’s function with its aroma, cinnamon also has the ability to fight fungi and has anti-clotting powers. It will add just the right amount of warming flavor, but feel free to omit it if you prefer.
- Non-dairy milk – Use your favorite plain or vanilla plant milk, pref. unsweetened (almond, cashew, soy, oat, etc.).
So gather your ingredients and get ready to feel great!
How To Make Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- First, make sure you have frozen blueberries and bananas on hand. As soon as my bananas start to ripen, I like to peel them, break them into small chunks and freeze them on a small baking sheet before storing them in a freezer bag.
- When ready, simply add the blueberries, banana, nut butter, cinnamon, and almond milk to the blender cup and puree until smooth and creamy.
And that’s it – now you’re ready to sip and enjoy!
- Add protein powder. Add a scoop of protein powder for an even more nutritionally balanced smoothie. It’s a great way to start your day or when you need a pick me up.
- Double the nut butter. Double the protein with an extra tablespoon of nut butter of choice!
- Add healthy omegas. In addition to or place of nut butter, try adding 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds, ground flaxseeds, or chia seeds!
More Healthy Inspiration!
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Whether in a bowl, glass, or straight from the blender cup you can never have too many smoothie recipes on hand!
- Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Enlighten Smoothie Bowl
- Banana Mandarin Hemp Smoothie
- Super Berry Acai Bowl
- Or see all vegan smoothie recipes on TSV!
If you try this easy smoothie recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
BLUEBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
The best blueberry banana smoothie is a creamy blend of blueberries, bananas, nut butter and non-dairy milk with a hint of cinnamon for a healthy and delicious vegan smoothie that’s quick and easy to make!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: Serves 1 1x
- Category: Smoothie, Breakfast
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (peanut, cashew, or almond butter)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla flavored)
Place all ingredients in blender and blend to desired consistency adding more milk or water as needed.
Nut allergies – For those with nut allergies, in place of nut butter try using sun butter (aka sunflower butter). Or use one of the options below.
Extra nut butter. You can double the protein by adding an extra tablespoon of your preferred nut butter.
Protein powder. Add in a scoop of vanilla protein powder for a boost of nutrition, adding more milk as needed to blend.
Add healthy omegas. In addition to, or in place of nut butter, try adding a 1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds (hemp hearts), ground flaxseed, or chia seeds.
Updated: This smoothie recipe was originally published in September 2012. It has been retested and updated with new photos in March 2021.