This post is sponsored by Silk.
If you’re looking for an alternative to the usual pasta dish, I’ve got a just the inspiration for you to try!
We’ll be making an easy, creamy pumpkin sauce, adding vegan sausage and kale, then tossing it with zucchini noodles for a delicious departure from the traditional spaghetti routine. It’s full of deliciousness and a perfect way to enjoy the season’s flavors!
- If you don’t care to make zucchini noodles, feel free to use 12 – 16 oz. of your favorite pasta. I originally planned on using either gnocchi, fettuccine or linguine, but ultimately decided to use zucchini noodles instead. Spiralized sweet potato noodles would be great too! I’ve been trying to keep the carbohydrates to a minimum and zucchini noodles are a great healthy alternative.
- For the vegan sausage, if that doesn’t appeal to you try sauteing mushrooms instead, or omit it all together. The sausage does round out the nutritional profile, adding a good amount of protein. It also adds additional texture and flavor.
- We’ll be using thyme for the herb, but rosemary or sage would be just as good. Keep the optional herbs in mind for variation.
The sauce is very simple, using pumpkin puree and non-dairy milk. It’s a creamy consistency that will wrap around the pasta making each bite full of flavor.
Start with sauteing the shallot, garlic, sausage, kale and thyme. Add in the pumpkin mixture, then the noodles, and heat over low until warmed through.
Simple and delicious, it’s an easy meal that will be ready and on the table in about 30 minutes!
QUICK N’ HEALTHY CREAMY PUMPKIN SAUCE + KALE, SAUSAGE & ZUCCHINI NOODLES
Switch up the usual pasta routine with this fall flavored pasta sauce. It’s flavorful and works with all types of noodles!
- 1 can (14 oz.) 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 3 tablespoons water (for water saute)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 vegan sausages, sliced
- 5 large lacinato kale leaves, stems removed and julienned
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped
- 4 large zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a medium size bowl, combine the milk and pumpkin puree, set aside.
In a large pan, heat oil over medium, add shallot and saute for 4 minutes, add garlic, sausage, kale and thyme, cook until kale softens, stirring occasionally, about 3 – 4 minutes. Turn heat to medium-low, add the pumpkin mixture, and give a good stir. Add in the zucchini noodles, using tongs, mix to coat, place the cover askew and let simmer 4 – 5 minutes, or until zucchini has become al dente, stirring occasionally. If the sauce is bubbling too much, reduce heat to low. Taste for flavor adding salt & pepper to taste.
Pairs great with a dusting of almond parmesan and slice of your favorite artisan bread.
Serves 3 – 4
Try using mushrooms in place of the sausage if you like. Simply add the mushroom with the shallots and cook until mushrooms have just started to sweat down. Continue with the kale and thyme, and so on…
Spiralized sweet potato would be great here too!
Use your favorite pasta. There’s enough sauce for about 12 – 16 oz. of pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions and add it in the recipe in place of the zucchini. Easy peasy!
If you have garlic and powder on hand, try adding a dash or two. It will ensure full flavor.
All opinions are my own and I think they are the greatest! Thank you for supporting TSV by supporting my sponsors. They have many plant-based, non-dairy products, some organic, that you can find here: Silk Products