Grilled Peanut Butter & Apple Sandwich with cinnamon and touch of pure maple syrup is a warm and gooey sandwich rich in protein and fiber for a healthy lunch or snack loved by adults and kids alike!
I do love a good sandwich every now and then. And one with sweet crisp apple, warmed nut butter, hints of cinnamon and maple are right up my alley!
This grilled peanut butter & apple sandwich includes plenty of protein, fiber and other good nutritional values to keep you running and happy.
I set out to put this easy sandwich into the recipe collection as a nice twist on the classic PB & J. It could also go as a PB & B if you have some bananas on hand. How great would that be? Very, I think!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this delicious sandwich recipe, bread is layered with peanut butter, apple, dash of cinnamon and maple syrup, then grilled until warm for a quick and easy healthy snack or lunch.
Here is everything you will need:
- apples – Use red or green apples. We used fuji apples, as they are our favorites. Tart green apples would be great here too!
- peanut butter – Vary up the nut butters. I love my almond butter and my daughter loves her peanut butter. Use your favorite, creamy or chunky.
- pure maple syrup
- bread – Try different breads – like a fruit, nut and seed loaf or go for a simpler whole grain bread.
- coconut oil – avocado oil would be great too
How To Make Grilled Peanut Butter & Apple Sandwich
- Start by spreading the nut butter on all slices, top one slice with apple slices, a dash or two of cinnamon and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
- Next, cover with top the other slice of bread, brush top of bread with a little coconut oil and grill until toasty & golden on each side.
- Slice in half and enjoy the simples!
And there you have it, a delicious grilled peanut butter and apple sandwich!
More Sandwich Inspiration
- Favorite Summer Vegetable Sandwich
- ‘Chickpea of the Sea’ Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich
- See all Sandwich & Wrap ideas on TSV!
If you try this easy sandwich recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER & APPLE SANDWICH
Grilled Peanut Butter & Apple Sandwich features crisp apple, warm gooey nut butter, hints of cinnamon and maple for a welcome change from the old PB & J standby.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: griddle
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 – 2 apples of choice
- ¼ cup almond butter or nut butter of choice, divided
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, divided
- 4 slices bread of choice
- coconut oil
Prep apples: Wash your apples and slice in half. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the core. Remove any area from the stem and calyx (bottom indentation) of the apple. Place sliced apple half in standing position and cut into ¼ inch slices. You should get 3 or 4 slices per half, depending on the size of your apple.
Assemble sandwich: Add 1 tablespoon of nut butter to both slices of your sandwich and layer one slice with apples. To the apples, add a sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over top. Place top half on sandwich.
Grill: Grease your griddle/skillet with coconut oil and heat over medium. You can also add a very light coating of coconut oil to the top of your bread slice using a silicon brush, or whatever method you prefer. Place sandwich, oil side down, and cook for about 2 – 4 minutes. Brush top half lightly with coconut oil, flip and cook another 2 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with any remaining fresh apple slices on the side.
Enjoy the simples!
This would be great with a little Coconut Bacon in the middle.
Make gluten free by using your favorite gluten free bread.
This sandwich can be breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Updated: Grilled Peanut Butter & Apple Sandwich was originally published in May 2014. It has been retested and updated with new photos in July 2020.