I am loving making my way through all the wonderful vegan, plant-based meals I come across. This sandwich was completely lovely and I used my own homemade artisan bread too. How does it get any better than that!?
What a great sandwich idea and good use for some caraway seeds, they are delicious. I would have never thought of this myself, so thank goodness my eyes are always open for the next inspiration, and there is a lot of inspiration out there!
Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich
It’s a minimal ingredient recipe full of terrific flavor. Add this to your must try list, you will not be disappointed!
How To Make Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich
Grate your carrots, slice your garlic and gather the other ingredients…
Saute the carrots, garlic and fennel seeds…
Toast your bread, spread hummus on both sides…because hummus is amazing!
Add your carrot mixture along with a few spigs of cilantro…
Slice in half and that’s it…a great sandwich any time of day!
More Sandwich Inspiration
- Grilled Hummus Sandwich
- Smoky Chipotle Maple TLT Sandwich
- Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Hummus Veggie Wrap
- Roasted Red Pepper, Hummus & Avocado Sandwich
SPICY CARROT & HUMMUS SANDWICH
Simple ingredients and great flavor! Recipe adapted from Spicy Carrot Sandwiches from Food & Wine.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Entree, Sandwich
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 – 3 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon or so caraway seeds, cumin would be nice too
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- himalayan/mineral salt, to taste
- four slices bread of choice…french, sourdough, rye or whole grain would pair nicely
- hummus to spread
- cracked pepper, optional
In skillet heat oil on medium, add the carrots, garlic, caraway seeds and season with salt and red pepper. Cook until carrots have softened, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
Toast or grill your bread, layer with hummus (I do both sides because I have hummus love). Add carrot mixture, top with cilantro and season with black pepper…serve. Makes two servings.