Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich with sauteed carrots, garlic, caraway seeds, and red pepper flakes on your favorite bread with hummus is healthy, easy to make, and full of great flavor!
I am loving making my way through all the wonderful vegan, plant-based meals I come across!
This quick and easy sandwich was completely lovely, and I used my own homemade artisan bread too. How does it get any better than that!?
It’s an amazing sandwich and great use of caraway seeds (because they are delicious). I would have never thought of this myself, so thank goodness my eyes are always open for the next inspiration, and there is a lot of inspiration out there!
It’s a minimal ingredient recipe full of terrific flavor. Add this to your must-try list. You will not be disappointed!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this healthy recipe, carrots, garlic, caraway seeds are sauteed and served in between bread sliced slathered with hummus for a quick and easy vegan sandwich!
Here is everything you will need:
- Caraway seeds
- Red pepper flakes
- Hummus – use store bought (my favs are Cedar’s or Good & Gather) or make this homemade Hummus.
- Bread – use your favorite store bought or make homemade Artisan Bread.
- Salt + Pepper
How To Make Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich
- Grate the carrots and slice the garlic.
- Saute the carrots, garlic, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Toast your bread (or not), spread hummus on both sides, because hummus is amazing!
- Add your carrot mixture along with a few sprigs of cilantro.
- Top with the other slice of slathered bread.
- Slice in half as shown below.
And that’s it. It’s a great sandwich any time of day!
Ways To Serve Carrot Sandwich
This sandwich is great alone but can be made into a well-rounded meal with any of the following:
- Soup: Serve with a small bowl of Vegetable Quinoa Soup or Kale, Quinoa & White Bean Soup.
- Salad: Pair with a side salad like this Classic House Salad with cider vinaigrette or Radish & Cucumber Salad.
- Veggies + Dip: Serve with vegetable sticks and Hummus or Vegan Ranch.
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
- Grilled Hummus Sandwich
- Smoky Chipotle Maple TLT Sandwich
- Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Hummus Veggie Wrap
- Cranberry Walnut Vegan ‘Chicken’ Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper, Hummus & Avocado Sandwich
If you try this easy carrot sandwich recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SPICY CARROT & HUMMUS SANDWICH
Made with 8 simple ingredients this quick and easy Spicy Carrot Sandwich with hummus is full of great flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Category: Entree
- Method: saute
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 – 3 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, cumin would be nice too
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch red pepper flakes
- himalayan/mineral salt, to taste
- four slices bread of choice (french, sourdough, rye or whole grain would pair nicely)
- hummus to spread
- cracked pepper, optional
Saute carrots: In skillet heat oil over medium, add the carrots, garlic, caraway seeds and season with salt and red pepper. Cook until carrots have softened, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
Prep bread: Toast or grill your bread, or leave as is.
Assemble: Layer both sides of bread with hummus (I do both sides because I have hummus love). Add carrot mixture, top with cilantro and season with black pepper.
Updated: This Spicy Carrot Hummus Sandwich was originally published in October 2012. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in June 2020.