Vegan Sheet Pan Dinner with herbed potato, asparagus and chickpeas is roasted to perfection and so easy to make using one pan with a few ingredients and is full of flavor!
This veggie filled vegan sheet pan dinner featuring potatoes, asparagus, chickpeas and onion is full of flavor, healthy and so easy to make.
One pan, a few fresh vegetables, dried herbs and spices, oven roasted together, creating a hearty vegan meal I know you’re going to love!
With asparagus in full season, and only 99 cents a pound, making it extremely affordable, who can resist this spring vegetable!
So I’m adding to the asparagus recipes on TSV with this delicious sheet pan dinner. And if you don’t care for asparagus, you’ll find a couple of suggestions to replace it.
Tips For The Best Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
- Cooking the produce: The asparagus cooks fast, so you’ll be adding it to the sheet pan after the potatoes, carrots and chickpeas have had to time to roast on their own, about 20 minutes. Then you’ll push them to one side and add the asparagus and onion and continue roasting until done.
- For variation: Because asparagus is seasonal, when not available, you can opt to use broccoli florets or halved brussels sprouts instead for your vegan sheet pan dinner. In which case you can cook everything all together at once for about 40 minutes. As for the potatoes, use fingerlings or baby yukon golds or purple potatoes as a substitute for baby red potatoes.
- The herbs: If you don’t have the individual dried herbs on hand that the recipe calls for – thyme, basil, and oregano – you can use and an Italian seasoning mix or herbes de provence with good results.
- Want to use vegan sausage in place of chickpeas? You can easily skip the chickpeas and add sliced vegan sausage when adding the asparagus and onion, cooking as directed. I tried this on my first go around of this sheet pan dinner and it was delicious too!
How To Make Vegan Sheet Pan Dinner
- First, you’ll want to line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat or lightly grease with oil. Add the potatoes, carrots and chickpeas to the center, drizzle with half the oil and most of the herb & spice mixture, toss well to coat. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. I find it helps the potatoes to brown nicely on the edges, when I arrange the potatoes flesh side down, as shown above.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, push the potato mixture to one side, add the onion and asparagus, add the remaining oil and herb/spice mix, toss to coat, as shown above right. Place back in the oven and roast for 10 – 15 minutes.
Let cool and serve with sliced avocado and plenty of parsley sprinkled overtop. Serve with a side of quinoa for even more protein and fiber.
This is an easy, plant based dinner that all types of eaters will love!
I hope you LOVE this vegan sheet pan dinner! It’s:
- Easy to make using 1 pan
- Incredibly flavorful
- Gluten free
- Low Fat
- & So delicious!
This would make the perfect weeknight meal when you want something hearty, nutritious, fuss-free and on the table in under an hour. It’s also great for meal prepping and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days.
More Veggie Sheet Pan Meals
- Chickpea, Potato & Parsley Bowl
- Orange Roasted Tempeh & Aspargus
- Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Nourish Bowl
- or this fan favorite Chickpea & Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash!
If you try this easy dinner recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
HERBED POTATO, ASPARAGUS & CHICKPEA SHEET PAN DINNER
One pan, a few fresh ingredients and spices, oven roasted together creating a healthy meal the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3 1x
- Category: Entree, Gluten-Free
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 ½ cups petite baby carrots
- 1 can (14oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of EACH dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
- ½ large yellow onion, sliced lengthwise
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to serve
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat or lightly grease with oil.
Assemble: Add the potatoes, carrots and chickpeas to the sheet pan, drizzle with 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil and ¾ of the spices, toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes flesh side down, this will help them get crispy edges.
Roast: Place in the oven for 20 -25 minutes.
Add onion + asparagus: Carefully remove the pan from the oven, push the potato mixture to one side, add the onion and asparagus, add the remaining oil and herb/spice mix, toss to coat.
Continue roasting: Place sheet pan back in the oven and roast for 10 – 15 minutes more. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Serve: Place in individual serving bowls and top with parsley sprinkled over top and sliced avocado on the side. Would be great with a serving of quinoa on the side as well, adding more fiber and protein!
Store: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days.
If you don’t have all of the herbs on hand, use 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or herbes de provence mix.