Meet my latest obsession, this Chickpea, Potato & Parsley Bowl with simple lemon-tahini dressing is simple, nutritious and delicious!
The chickpeas and potatoes roast right on a sheet pan making it SO easy. While roasting, chop your fresh parsley, make your dressing and once pulled from the oven and cooled a few minutes, you’re ready to serve and dine.
I love these types of meals and have a few similar to this in the recipe collection like this, Roasted Nourish Bowl, Chimichurri Nourish Bowl, or this Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Nourish Bowl + Turmeric Tahini Dressing. These can all be served with the grain, or without.
Chickpea, Potato & Parsley Bowl
Tips and variations:
- Potatoes: Use your favorite potatoes…. red, Yukon gold or white. I sliced my potatoes wedges between 1/2 – 1/4 inch, but feel to cut them into 3/4 inch cubes if you like.
- Beans: I’ve tried this with northern beans and it worked well, so for variation use other white beans instead of chickpeas.
- The spices: I kept it simple with garlic powder and Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning. I’ve also made this with fresh thyme and it was fantastic. You may even like to add 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or for some heat chipotle powder would be great. For myself, I added sriracha for heat before serving and it was so good!
- The Parsley: Parsley adds a wonderful bright flavor and freshness, plus it’s full of amazing nutrition. I used a large handful of roughly chopped curly parsley, about 1 cup, but of course you can use as much or little as you like. A spring salad mix would be great too if you don’t care for the parsley.
- The Dressing: This tahini-lemon dressing is super simple and will pair well with any of the variations you may try. Once the dressing has set a few minutes, it may thicken up, add a tad more water as needed to thin to desired consistency. I find it best to be on the thinner side. For variation you might also try this Creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing or Sriracha Cashew Cream Sauce!
While the chickpeas and potatoes are roasting, chop up the parsley and prepare the dressing.
Once veggies are done, assemble your bowls and you’re ready to dine!
Enjoy to the fullest!
If you try this easy chickpea, potato and parsley recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make. Cheers :)
CHICKPEA, POTATO & PARSLEY BOWL
A sheet pan dinner to make your life easy! Paired with fresh parsley and a creamy lemon-tahini dressing, it’s healthy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 - 3
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (about 3 – 4 medium), sliced 1/4 – 1/2 inch
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 can (14oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or 1 1/2 cups cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon paprika, everyday seasoning mix or lemon-pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- mineral salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch parsley (about 2 cups), roughly chopped
- sriracha, to serve (optional)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons water
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- red pepper flakes, optional
Roasting: Place potatoes, carrots and chickpeas on sheet pan, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with spices and herbs of choice, and toss together to coat, either using your hands or two large spoons. Spread veggies in a single layer, sprinkle with additional seasonings if needed. Place in oven on middle rack, center of oven and bake for 40 minutes, stirring 2 – 3 times.
Dressing: In a mason jar or small bowl, add the tahini, water, lemon juice and salt, and mix well.
Chop the parsley.
Serve: Once veggies are done, let cool a few minutes and assemble your bowls.
Serves 2 – 3
Feel free to add 1/2 – 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, rosemary or oregano.