Wholesome and delicious, this hearty Chickpea, Potato & Parsley Bowl with a simple lemony tahini dressing is easy to make and a perfect meal any time of the day!
Meet my latest obsession, this Chickpea, Potato & Parsley Bowl with simple lemon-tahini dressing is simple, nutritious and delicious!
I love these types of meals and have a few similar to this in the recipe collection like this, Roasted Nourish Bowl, Chimichurri Nourish Bowl, or this Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Nourish Bowl + Turmeric Tahini Dressing. These can all be served with a grain, or without.
So let’s get to the good stuff and talk about my latest bowl obsession!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe we’ll roast potatoes, carrots and chickpeas with simple seasonings and serve with a large handful of fresh parsley and drizzle of tahini-lemon dressing for an everyday, easy vegan meal.
Here is everything you’ll need, including tips and ingredient substitutions:
- Potatoes: Use your favorite potatoes – red, Yukon gold or white. I sliced my potatoes wedges between ½ – ¼ inch, but feel to cut them into ¾ inch cubes if you like.
- Beans: I’ve tried this with northern beans and it worked well, so for variation use other white beans instead of chickpeas.
- The spices: I kept it simple with garlic powder and Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning. I’ve also made this with fresh thyme and it was fantastic. You may even like to add ½ teaspoon paprika, or for some heat chipotle powder would be great. For myself, I added sriracha for heat before serving and it was so good!
- The Parsley: Parsley adds a wonderful bright flavor and freshness, plus it’s full of amazing nutrition. I used a large handful of roughly chopped curly parsley, about 1 cup, but of course you can use as much or little as you like. A spring salad mix would be great too if you don’t care for the parsley.
- The Dressing: This tahini-lemon dressing is super simple and will pair well with any of the variations you may try. Once the dressing has set a few minutes, it may thicken up, add a tad more water as needed to thin to desired consistency. I find it best to be on the thinner side. For variation you might also try this Creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing or Sriracha Cashew Cream Sauce!
How To Make Chickpea & Potato Bowl
Requiring only a few simple steps, you’re going to love how easy this sheet pan meal is to make!
- The chickpeas, potatoes and carrots all roast together right on a sheet pan for about 40 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- While the veggies are roasting, simply chop your fresh parsley and make the dressing.
- Once roasted, pulled from the oven and let cool a few minutes, now you’re ready to assemble and dine.
Enjoy to the fullest!
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 day, in a covered container.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing this as it will lose it’s appeal.
- Reheat: Warm leftovers on the stovetop over low, stirring occasionally. Also, reheat in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
If you try this easy chickpea, potato and parsley recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make. Cheers :)Print
CHICKPEA, POTATO & PARSLEY BOWL
A sheet pan dinner to make your life easy! Paired with fresh parsley and a creamy lemon-tahini dressing, it’s healthy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 - 3 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Roast, Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds potatoes (about 3 – 4 medium), sliced ¼ – ½ inch
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 can (15oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or 1 ½ cups cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ – 1 teaspoon paprika, everyday seasoning mix or lemon-pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- mineral salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch parsley (about 2 cups), roughly chopped
- sriracha, to serve (optional)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 5 tablespoons water
- juice of 1 lemon
- red pepper flakes, optional
Roasting: Place potatoes, carrots and chickpeas on sheet pan, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with spices and herbs of choice, and toss together to coat, either using your hands or two large spoons. Spread veggies in a single layer, sprinkle with additional seasonings if needed. Place in oven on middle rack, center of oven and bake for 40 minutes, stirring 2 – 3 times.
Dressing: In a mason jar or small bowl, add the tahini, water, lemon juice and salt, and mix well.
Chop the parsley.
Serve: Once veggies are done, let cool a few minutes and assemble your bowls.
Serves 2 – 3
Store: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop over low, stirring occasionally until warmed through. Also, heat in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds or so.
Feel free to add ½ – 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, rosemary or oregano.