Creamy Vegan Strawberry Milkshake is made with 5 simple ingredients and easy to make! It’s a healthy dessert that can double as a light breakfast shake or nourishing snack!
Strawberry season is here in California signaling that spring is right around the corner!
This is one of my favorite times of year, next to fall and I’ve been buying strawberries like crazy, freezing them just for times like these when I feel like making a vegan strawberry milkshake.
I don’t know about you but spring happens to be the season when I naturally tend to start eating a bit lighter, making shakes and smoothies are a perfect way to get in a quick meal or healthy dessert, and this non-dairy, vegan milkshake is a great start!
Full of only good things in this strawberry milkshake, you can be sure you’re giving your body lots of L – O – V – E, because you deserve it!
Why We Love Strawberries!
Not only are they delicious, Strawberries are full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. These sweet ruby red fruits hold three major benefits to your health:
- they have the ability to protect and support the cardiovascular system
- regulate blood sugar helping to prevent diabetes
- protect certain forms of cancer from developing
Strawberries are also a rich source of vitamin C, manganese and fiber! Eating at least one cup a day will ensure you are getting the full benefit of their nutritiousness!
Strawberry Shake Ingredients + Notes
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Strawberries – You’ll want to use frozen strawberries for this shake recipe. You can pick up a prepackaged bag from the grocery store, or freeze sliced fresh berries overnight on a flat baking sheet or dish.
- Banana – Adds creaminess and aids in gut health. You can also sub with ice cream as noted below and in the recipe card.
- Non-Dairy Milk – I used coconut milk here, but you can use your favorite plant based milk such as almond, cashew, oat, soy, etc. Unsweetened is best, either plain or vanilla flavored.
- Vanilla – Adds a nice layer of flavor, but can be optional.
- Pure Maple Syrup – This natural sweetener adds a little extra sweetener to your strawberry shake. A pitted date is a great substitute!
Optional add-ins for variation:
- Cacao/Cocoa Powder – Every now and then I love to add a little chocolate flavor. It’s very subtle, but adds a nice layer of flavor as well as cocoa’s healthy benefits.
- Protein Powder – Turn this into a protein shake by adding a scoop of vegan protein powder (I love this sugar and stevia free from Garden of Life). It’s an especially good addition for those just starting a plant based diet and unsure of how to get enough protein, or those who are always on the go.
How To Make Vegan Strawberry Milkshake
Making a vegan strawberry milkshake is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
- Gather the ingredients. If using fresh strawberries, cut into cubes and freeze overnight.
- Add the frozen strawberries, banana, non-dairy milk, vanilla, and sweetener to the blender cup, and blend until creamy smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with your favorite toppings.
That’s it, now you’re ready to enjoy this healthy shake!
- Use frosted glasses. There is no better way to serve your milkshake than in a frosted glass! To frost glasses, put them in the freezer an hour before making your shake and pull them out just before serving.
- Double recipe for larger blender cups. If using a larger sized blender cup, versus a smaller personal blender size, you may want to double the recipe for easier blending.
- Make it ultra creamy. Add a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream or use canned coconut milk for extra creaminess!
More Healthy Dessert Recipes!
- Best Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- Matcha + Coconut Nice Cream Shake
- Healthy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls
If you try this strawberry milkshake recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Vegan Strawberry Milkshake
Smooth, creamy, and ultra healthy, this vegan shake is everything a good strawberry milkshake should be!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: Serves 1 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American, Vegan
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or pitted medjool date
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cocoa/cacao powder, optional
- 1 scoop protein powder, optional
- dairy-free whipped cream
- shredded coconut
- cacao nibs
Place ingredients into the blender cup and blend until combined. Pour into individual glasses and top with optional toppings.
If you have a larger blender, you may consider doubling this recipe for easier blending.
Depending on the size or cut of your strawberries, you may need to add a little extra milk. Sometimes I have to add an extra ¼ – ½ cup. Also, if your strawberries are super sweet you may not need any extra sweetener.
Add a scoop of dairy free vanilla ice cream or use canned coconut milk for extra creaminess!
If using a protein powder, you may need to add a bit more milk.
Updated: Vegan Strawberry Shake was originally published in March 2014. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in April 2021.