Vegan Pumpkin Muffins – Full of pumpkin flavor and fall spice, this healthy vegan muffins recipe is made in one bowl with simple ingredients from your pantry and bakes up perfectly moist and flavorful!
It’s the fall season and what better way to celebrate than with a batch of the most delicious and easy vegan pumpkin muffins ever!
So what makes this recipe so good!
- It’s made with a whole can of pumpkin puree for the most incredible pumpkin flavor!
- It’s perfectly sweetened and brimming with warm fall spices!
- It’s made in one bowl and ready in 30 minutes.
- It’s oil-free, using applesauce to keep the muffins perfectly moist and tender.
This pumpkin muffins recipe is a spin off from my highly rated Vegan Pumpkin Bread and is just as delicious, but in easy to pack, grab-n-go muffins.
So without further ado, let’s bake!
What Ingredients Go Into Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin puree: We’ll be using a whole can of pumpkin puree, or 1 1/2 cups if using fresh. Be sure it’s 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Flour: I’ve used both spelt, all-purpose, and a combo of both flours with great results. If making gluten free vegan pumpkin bread, I recommend using Bob Red Mill’s 1-1 Gluten Free Flour.
- Applesauce or oil: These healthy pumpkin muffins were made with homemade unsweetened applesauce and are moist and tender. Feel free to use oil in it’s place if you don’t have applesauce on hand.
- Spices: Cinnamon and vanilla pairs perfectly with the pumpkin puree. For variation, try adding a teaspoon or so of pumpkin pie spice.
- Sugar: I used coconut sugar here so these muffins are refined sugar free. Use your favorite sugar and feel free to add up to add a little more, up to 3/4 cup.
- Plant milk: Use your favorite unsweetened regular or vanilla non-diary milk.
- Baking powder + baking soda: I like using a combo of both, but if you only have baking powder on hand you can use 3 teaspoons with the same results.
- Optional add-ins: Feel free to up your pumpkin muffin game by adding 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or chopped nuts such walnuts or pecans!
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the pumpkin puree, applesauce, and non-dairy milk, mix well (shown above). Don’t overmix.
- Add batter by the large spoonful to lined 12 cup muffin tin, filling just to the rim (shown above).
- Sprinkle with the optional chopped pepitas.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes (shown below). To test for doneness, stick a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean.
- Let muffins cool a few minutes, move to wire rack.
And there you have it, one bowl vegan pumpkin muffins made easy and healthy!
How To Store Muffins
- Counter: Keep your muffins moist and fresh by storing them in a covered container on the counter for 3 – 4 days.
- Refrigerator: They will keep longer in the refrigerator for up to 6 – 7 days.
- Freezer: These pumpkin muffins can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months. To store, let them cool completely and store in freezer safe containers. Let thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter.
Enjoy these delicious muffins to the fullest!
They’re perfect for breakfast or light snack anytime of day, and I know you’re going to love them as much as we do!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
- Classic Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Scones + Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins + Crumble Topping
- See all Pumpkin recipes on TSV!
More Muffins Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Almond Flour Muffins
- See all vegan muffin recipes on TSV!
Let me know if you try this easy pumpkin muffin recipe! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Vegan pumpkin muffins are healthy, easy to make using one bowl and loaded with flavorful spices and tons of pumpkin!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Makes 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 2 cups flour (spelt, all-purpose, whole wheat, or 1–1 GF)
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup sugar (organic pure cane or coconut)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 can (15oz) 100% pumpkin puree or 1 1/2 cups fresh pureed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce or oil (olive oil or room temp coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 – 2 teaspoons vanilla
- chopped pepitas (pumpkin seeds), optional topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
Mix: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the pumpkin puree, applesauce, and non-dairy milk, mix well (shown above). Don’t overmix.
Fill muffin tin: Add batter by the large spoonful to lined 12 cup muffin tin, filling to the rim (shown above). Sprinkle with the optional chopped pepitas.
Bake: Place on the center rake in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. To test for doneness, stick a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean. Let muffins cool a few minutes, move to wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
Store: Keep leftovers muffins on the counter in a covered container for up to 3 – 4 days. Keep longer in the refrigerator for 6 – 7 days.
To freeze, let muffins cool completely, and keep in freezer safe containers or baggies for up to 2 – 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter.
If you don’t have baking soda on hand use 3 teaspoons baking powder.
Optional add-ins: For a nice change, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or chopped nuts such walnuts or pecans.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin muffins, pumpkin muffins recipe, easy pumpkin muffins