Vegan Butter Pecan Ice Cream is 100% dairy-free, churn-free, and made with a handful of healthy whole food plant ingredients for a delicious dessert or treat!
Bananas are inexpensive and can be blended into all kinds of delicious and healthy flavored nice cream like this Butter Maple Pecan Ice Cream!
Why We Love This Recipe!
- No ice cream maker required! This simple no-churn vegan ice cream is perfect for those of us who don’t have an ice cream maker or are just too lazy to use one. All you need to do is blend and freeze.
- Refined sugar-free. The only sugars you will find are the natural fruit sugars and all their nutrients.
- Healthy and nutritious. Full of nutrients, healthy fats, and 100% dairy- and egg-free, this whole food plant based ice cream is a great alternative to dairy filled ice creams.
Now you can enjoy butter pecan ice cream in a nutritious way that tastes great without using any dairy products. It’s a win, win for everyone – my favorite kind!
Here is everything you’ll need, including substitution ideas when possible:
- Banana – Overripe bananas are best for flavor and added sweetness. You can use fresh or frozen bananas.
- Almond Butter – I like to use my Homemade Almond Butter, but store bought is great too. If in a pinch peanut butter or sun butter is ok too, but almond butter is a little more neutral in flavor.
- Tahini – Adding richness and decadence to the ice cream, you can use store bought or make your own Homemade Tahini.
- Pure Maple Syrup – This natural sweetener can be adjusted to taste. Depending on how sweet your bananas are I suggest to start with the lower amount and add more as needed.
- Vanilla – Adds a nice layer of flavor to the ice cream.
- Pecans – Bold and distint in flavor, if you’re a lover of pecans feel free to double the amount!
How To Make Vegan Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Making vegan and non-dairy butter pecan ice cream is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- In a food processor or blender, add the frozen banana, almond butter, tahini, maple syrup, and blend until smooth.
- And the pecans and give a quick pulse, or stir them in by hand.
- Place the ice cream mixture in a freezer-safe container, cover, and freeze for at least six hours, or overnight.
And voila, you have yourself a most deliciously decadent and healthy vegan ice cream.
- Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months.
- Serve in chilled bowls or glasses.
- Double the batch to fill a 9 x 5 loaf pan, as pictured.
More Healthy Pecan Recipes!
- Raw Pecan Pie Energy Balls
- Salted Chocolate Chip Pecan Sandies
- Healthy Bowl of Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Granola
- See all vegan recipes with pecans on TSV!
If you try this vegan ice cream recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Vegan Maple Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Rich, decadent vegan butter maple pecan ice cream made with wholesome plant-based ingredients!
- Prep Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
Place ingredients, except for the pecans, in a food processor/high-speed blender and process, scraping down the sides as needed, until creamy and combined. Taste for sweetness, adding more maple syrup if needed. Stir in pecans.
Place in an airtight container and keep in the freezer for at least 6 hours to harden. Let sit for about 10 minutes or so to soften before scooping into serving bowls.
Makes about 4 cups
If using frozen bananas, you can serve right away as it will be a soft-serve ice cream. Or store in the freezer to harden completely as above.
As with any of my recipes, adjust flavors to your own taste…I have made this using 1/4 cup almond butter along with just a few tablespoons of maple syrup and tahini with great success. I have also used less pecans. So feel to play around with the ingredient amounts.
Updated: This recipe was originally published in January 2013. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in July 2021.