Raw Pasta Primavera with walnut-mushroom meatballs, zucchini noodles, fresh veggies and tomato sauce is a healthy and delicious lunch or dinner!
Let’s un-cook something wonderful!
Need I say much about this dish except that is amazing and fresh and a nice escape from the salads of the day.
I love salads but these raw pasta dishes take it to another level of raw foods that I can really get into.
Using fresh herbs will also add to the freshness and flavor. The oregano in the meatballs was just delicious. And sprinkle some of the herbs on top too.
It’s a dish full of flavors that mingle together for a tasty sensation. You may find yourself craving this raw dish again and again!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, zucchini is spiralized into noodles, raw meatballs are made with walnuts and mushrooms, veggies are diced and served with a raw marinara sauce for a raw pasta dish to enjoy anytime of year.
Here is everything you will need:
- Zucchini + Yellow Squash – for the vegetable noodles
- Raw Marinara Sauce (this recipe is delicious using basil)
- Bell pepper – orange and yellow
- Cherry tomatoes – or your favorite tomatoes diced
- Mushrooms – baby bella, portobello, or white
- Oats – old-fashioned, quick or oat flour
- Tamari – or nama shoyu
- Fresh oregano
- Salt + pepper
How To Make Raw Pasta Primavera
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
- Prep the veggies. Spiralize or julienne (either with a julienne tool or spiralizer (affiliate links)) your zucchini & squash for the pasta. Prepare your diced veggies.
- Make the meatballs. Place ingredients for the meatballs into your food processor/high speed blender, blend until well combined but still a bit chunky (not too chunky but just a very minimal amount). Scoop out and form into balls by gently flipped them back and forth between your palms then use your fingers to mold, making a nice circle shape.
- Make the marinara sauce: Rinse equipment that the meatballs were made in and start the marinara sauce according to the Raw Marinara Sauce recipe. Alternatively, make the sauce a day ahead, or before the meatballs.
And that’s it, it comes together in under 30 minutes for a fresh lunch or dinner!
- When ready to serve, layer pasta in individual serving dishes, top with marinara, a handful of veggies and a couple meatballs.
- Finish it off by topping with a light dusting of Almond Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper.
- For dessert, try these Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies or raw No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites.
More Easy Raw Recipes
- Vegan Street Tacos
- Spicy Kale Pesto + Zucchini Noodles
- Raw Vegetable Pasta
- Raw Veggie Chili
- Crunchy Romaine Salad + Almond-Lime Dressing
Let me know if you try this raw pasta recipe or have a question! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
RAW PASTA PRIMAVERA + MEATBALLS
Raw Pasta Primavera with walnut-mushroom meatballs, fresh veggies and tomato sauce is a healthy and delicious lunch or dinner!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: Serves 2 - 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: puree, mix
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ large zucchini, diced
- 1 – 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 batch Raw Marinara Sauce (using basil)
- 3 zucchini, spiralize or julienne
- 3 yellow squash, spiralize or julienne
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced (baby bella’s or cremini)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons quick oats or oat flour
- 1 large clove garlic
- ½ small shallot
- 2 teaspoons tamari (or nama shoyu)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, packed
- mineral salt + cracked pepper, to taste
Prep veggies: Start by preparing your veggies. Spiralize or julienne (either by hand or with a julienne tool) the zucchini & squash for the pasta. Set aside.
Meatballs: Place ingredients for the meatballs into your food processor/blender, blend until well combined but still a bit chunky (not too chunky, but just a very minimal amount). Taste for seasoning. Scoop out 3 tablespoons of mixture at a time and form into balls by gently flipping back and forth between your palms and use your fingers to mold making a nice circle shape. Makes about 8. Set aside.
Serve: Layer pasta in individual serving dishes, top with marinara, a handful of veggies and a couple meatballs. Finish it off by topping with a light dusting of almond parmesan and some fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!
Serves 2 – 4
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To soak the walnuts or not: There are benefits to soaking your nuts and seeds whenever possible. In this recipe they need to dry out completely after soaking or the mixture will be too wet. For that reason this is an option here, especially if it’s not convenient with your time frame. The reason why soaking is a good idea is that it enables your body to digest the nuts & seeds more easily. It also increases the nutrients and allows your body to absorb them more readily. But don’t worry if you can’t soak, you’re still getting health benefits. Here is quick article with the essential information and a nice chart of all the nuts/seeds soaking & sprouting times: Benefits of Soaking Nuts
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Updated: Raw Pasta Primavera recipe originally published January 2013 and has been updated June 2020 with new photos and helpful tips.