My last post of 2012, and I leave you all with this wonderful creamy, lemon-herb hemp dressing!
I know many will be eating healthier as a New Year’s resolution and this Creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing recipe will help you get some freshness into your meal plans.
I personally found myself tipping the bowl to get the last of it!
This creamy hemp heart dressing is light, refreshing and can even be used as a dip or spread.
I’ve been waiting to find a great creamy style dressing that’s healthy and easy to make at home, and this is it!
This hemp seed dressing recipe is:
- dairy free
- nut free
- soy free
- gluten free
- oil free
- & of course vegan
I think it will amaze you as much as it amazed me!
Happy New Year’s to you all….Cheers!
Benefits of Hemp Hearts
The base of this recipe is hemp hearts (aka, hulled hemp seeds):
- Hemp seeds are a great source of omega 3 & 6 and are a high quality complete protein. Four tablespoons, or 1/4 cup, of hemp seeds contain 15 grams of protein.
- They also contain high concentration of vitamins and minerals such as iron, vitamin E, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and many other micro-nutrients that your body needs.
- Another great thing about hemp seeds is that they do not need to be soaked to aid in digestion, they can be eaten raw and the body will absorb and digest all the nutrients readily and easily.
If you haven’t used hemp hearts before, you will want to add these great little seeds to your lifestyle. They are easy to sprinkle in smoothies, on salads, nourish bowls, or on top of your toast and jam. In this salad dressing recipe, they create a wonderful creaminess!
More recipes with hemp hearts
- Raw Hemp Seed Cookie Balls
- Raw Creamy Miso Soup w/ Mushrooms
- Quinoa Tabbouleh + Hemp Hearts
- Garden Salad Lettuce Wraps
Now, let’s make some delicious Creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing…
How To Make Creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing
- Simply place all the ingredients into your blender, minus the herbs, and blend until smooth. If dressing is too thin add more hemp hearts, if too thick add a tad more water to thin.
- Add in the herbs and blend until incorporated.
- Taste for flavor.
- Serve on salads or use as a dip. It’s delicious no matter how you serve it!
For this job, I found using a small, personal blender worked best, like this NutriBullet (<affiliate link). If using a regular sized blender I suggest doubling the recipe. You can always refrigerate the leftovers.
More Vegan Dressing
If you try this lemon-hemp dressing recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
CREAMY LEMON-HERB HEMP DRESSING
Light, refreshing and delicious, made with hemp hearts, lemon and herbs. This easy salad dressing recipe is raw, nut free, oil free, soy free, and of course vegan. Can be used as a salad dressing, dip or spread.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: Serves 5 1x
- Category: Condiment, Dressing
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- 1/3 cup water, plus more as needed
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- pinch of mineral salt
- a few strands chives, broken into 1 inch pieces
- a few sprig leaves fresh dill
- a few sprig tops fresh cilantro and/or parsley
Using a blender, I used the magic bullet for this, combine ingredients, minus the herbs, and blend until smooth. If too thin add more hemp hearts, if too thick add a tad more water to thin. Lastly, add in the herbs and blend until incorporated. Taste for flavor adding anything extra to suit your taste…more lemon?…more herbs?…more garlic or onion powder? Chill before serving.
Makes about 5 servings.
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week.
I have not made this in a regular blender. The magic bullet works wonders but if you don’t have one this should work fine your blender at home. You may consider doubling the recipe if using a larger blender. Mix and match herbs to suit your taste.
Salad shown consists of romaine lettuce, carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and topped with cracked pepper…simple and delicious!