Ranch Hemp Dressing is light, refreshing and delicious topped on salads or used as a veggie dip! It’s a quick and easy hemp seed dressing made with hemp hearts, lemon and herbs, and is raw, nut free, oil free, soy free, and vegan.
When you’re looking for a creamy dressing that’s nut-free and ready in minutes, this ranch style hemp seed salad dressing is just what you need! It’s not just for salads either, and can be used as a dip for veggies or a spread for sandwiches.
Since it’s the beginning of the year, I know many will be eating healthier as a New Year’s resolution and this light and healthy dressing will help you get some freshness into your meal plans.
I think you’re going to love this creamy hemp salad dressing as much as I do. I personally found myself tipping the bowl to get the last of it.
And if you love the first batch, the recipe can easily be doubled next time around!
Benefits of Hemp Hearts
The base of this recipe is hemp hearts (aka, hulled hemp seeds):
- Quality protein. Hemp seeds are a great source of omega 3 & 6 and are a high quality complete protein. Four tablespoons, or ¼ cup, of hemp seeds contain 15 grams of protein.
- Nutrient rich. They also contain high concentration of vitamins and minerals such as iron, vitamin E, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and many other micro-nutrients that your body needs.
- No need to soak. Another great thing about hemp seeds is that they do not need to be soaked to aid in digestion, they can be eaten raw and the body will absorb and digest all the nutrients readily and easily.
If you haven’t used hemp hearts before, you’ll want to add these great little seeds to your lifestyle. They are easy to sprinkle in smoothies, on salads, nourish bowls, or on top of your toast and jam. And in this salad dressing recipe, they create a wonderful creaminess!
Now, let’s make some delicious Creamy Hemp Dressing…
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, nutritious hemp hearts are blended with water and flavorful mix of herbs creating a creamy salad dressing that can easily double as a dip or spread.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Hemp hearts
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cilantro and/or parsley
How To Make Hemp Dressing
- In the blender cup, add the hemp hearts, garlic and onion powder, salt and water, minus the herbs, and blend until smooth, about 30 – 45 seconds. If dressing is too thin add more hemp hearts, if too thick add a tad more water.
- Next, add in the herbs and blend until incorporated.
- Lastly, taste for flavor.
And now this simple creamy dressing is ready to enjoy!
Recommended equipment: For this job, I found using a small, personal blender worked best, like this NutriBullet (<affiliate link). If using a regular sized blender I suggest doubling the recipe. You can always refrigerate the leftovers.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days in an airtight container.
My favorite part – eating this ranch hemp seed dressing! Here are a few of my favorite options:
- Salad Dressing: Serve with a simple house salad as shown below, or with this loaded Vegan Cobb or Strawberry Spinach Salad.
- Veggie Dip: Serve as a dip with favorite veggies, such as carrots, cucumber, broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, and more!
- Sandwich Spread: Use it as a spread for this Summer Vegetable Sandwich or vegan B.L.T..
More Healthy Hemp Heart Recipes
- Raw Hemp Seed Cookie Balls
- Raw Creamy Miso Soup w/ Mushrooms
- Quinoa Tabbouleh + Hemp Hearts
- Garden Salad Lettuce Wraps
If you try this easy hemp dressing recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
CREAMY RANCH HEMP DRESSING
Light, refreshing and delicious, this creamy ranch hemp seed salad dressing is raw, nut free, oil free, soy free, and vegan. It’s quick and easy to make, and can be used as a salad dressing, dip or spread!
- Prep Time: 3 min
- Total Time: 3 min
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Condiment, Dressing
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: Vegan
- ½ cup hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- ⅓ cup water, plus more as needed
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon mineral salt
- a few strands chives, broken into 1 inch pieces
- a few sprig leaves fresh dill
- a few sprig tops fresh cilantro and/or parsley
Using a small blender (or double recipe if using a regular blender), combine ingredients, minus the herbs, and blend until smooth. If too thin add more hemp hearts, if too thick add a tad more water to thin.
Add in the herbs and blend until incorporated. Taste for flavor adding anything extra to suit your taste…more lemon?…more herbs?…more garlic or onion powder? Chill before serving.
Makes about ½ cup, serving 2 – 4.
Store: Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days.
Mix and match herbs to suit your taste.
Salad shown consists of romaine lettuce, carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and topped with cracked pepper. Just simple and delicious!
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: I have not made this in a regular blender. The NutriBullet (affiliate link) works great for small jobs like this. If using a regular size blender, you may want to double the recipe.
Keywords: hemp seed dressing, hemp salad dressing, ranch hemp dressing
Updated: Creamy Hemp Dressing was originally published in December 2012. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in March 2020.