Quick and easy tofu sheet pan dinner with baked lemon pepper tofu and asparagus makes a simple vegan meal that’s healthy and delicious!
This just happened to be one of those meals I threw together in a cinch, and it turned out pretty darn good. It may not be for everyone, but if you enjoy tofu, then I think you will love this!
The tofu is light, but ‘meaty,’ reminding me of a faux fish dinner, and pairs perfectly with asparagus. With only lemon pepper and salt to season the tofu, use as much as you like for the fullest flavor.
Add to that a grain such as white rice, brown rice, quinoa or farro, and it’s a healthy, complete and filling, lunch or dinner that’s quick, easy and delicious!
In this simple recipe, tofu is seasoned with lemon pepper and roasted with asparagus and lemon slices and paired with rice for a simple vegan meal that’s light and healthy.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Tofu – we suggest using high protein, extra-firm, or firm tofu for this recipe.
- Asparagus – Fresh and in season is best. Feel free to omit the asparagus and serve with another vegetable like broccoli and/or carrots.
- Lemons – grab a few small lemons for squeezing, zesting and slicing.
- Lemon pepper – this mix can be found in the spice aisle and is great for other dishes, like pasta or halved avocados.
- Salt – our favorite is always sea salt (pref. pink salt for its macronutrients).
- Olive oil – a good regular olive oil (or use garlic or lemon flavored olive oil).
- Grain – white rice, brown rice, quinoa or farro for serving, can be optional
How To Make Lemon Pepper Tofu
- Tofu: If using high protein tofu, there is no need to press. If using extra-firm or firm, let the tofu rest on its side in the tub it came in for about 10 minutes to drain. Cut the tofu into 6 rectangular slabs.
- Asparagus: Slice or snap the ends of the asparagus.
- Layer on baking sheet: Place the tofu slabs on a lined rimmed baking sheet. Add the asparagus in between the tofu as shown above, then add lemon slices overtop. Sprinkle with plenty of lemon pepper and a generous pinch of salt.
- Bake: Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Once done, the asparagus is bright green and fork tender, and the tofu is soft and tender.
And now you’re ready to enjoy!
- Don’t skimp on the seasoning. Since this recipe is so simple, be sure to use plenty of seasoning on the tofu to give it the most flavor. You may even like to marinate the tofu in a little lemon juice beforehand, as suggested in the comments.
- Add lemon zest. Once plated, add a little lemon zest for a nice boost of lemon flavor. It’s especially nice on the rice!
- Storing. This lemon pepper tofu and asparagus are best eaten right away, but leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days.
More Quick + Easy Recipes!
- 30 Minute Portobello Fajitas
- Lemon Chickpea Orzo Soup
- Creamy Broccoli Pasta
- Lemon Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Grilled Tofu Skewers
If you try this lemon pepper tofu recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
LEMON PEPPER TOFU SHEET PAN DINNER
Lemon Pepper Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner with asparagus is seasoned well and baked until tender for a delicious quick and easy vegan lunch or dinner! Vegan and GF recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3 – 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
Tofu: If using high protein tofu, there is no need to press. If using extra-firm or firm, let the tofu rest on its side in the tub it came in for about 10 minutes to drain. Cut the tofu into 6 rectangular slabs.
Trim asparagus: Slice or snap the ends of the asparagus.
Layer on baking sheet: Place the tofu slabs on a lined rimmed baking sheet. Add the asparagus in between the tofu as shown above, drizzle with a little olive oil, then add lemon slices overtop. Sprinkle with plenty of lemon pepper and generous pinch of salt.
Bake: Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheet half way through.
Serve with grain of choice, add a little lemon zest and more lemon pepper to taste.
Serves 3 – 6
Store: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days.
Use an infused olive oil such as garlic or lemon for more flavor.
You may like to marinate the tofu in a little lemon juice beforehand as suggested in the comments.
Nutrition information is calculated with 1/2 cup of white rice per serving.