Corn and Arugula Salad features sweet corn, diced red pepper & red onion, and fresh arugula tossed with lemon, salt and pepper. It’s simple, easy to make and delicious!
Fresh corn off the cob is one of my favorites. Today we’ll be pairing crisp, sweet corn with colorful red bell pepper, red onion, fresh arugula, and tossing it with a little lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. It’s a perfectly simple, fresh and colorful salad. And if you’re a lover of corn like me, you’re going to absolutely love it!
Sweet Corn & Arugula Salad
Inspired by this recipe from Food & Wine, I loved the minimal ingredients and only made a few changes.
- I didn’t boil my corn, as I love it as is. Am I the only one who loves it raw? If you prefer your corn cooked, follow the original recipe for boiling the corn before cutting it off the cob.
- I added red onion which adds a bit more color, texture and flavor.
- The original recipe calls for feta cheese, but it is omitted here and not missed in the least.
- There is a little less arugula, but in hindsight you can add a bit more if you prefer. At first it seemed like too much, but once mixed and left a few minutes the arugula gently wilted making it more proportioned.
- If you’d like to add a little protein, try tossing in some sprouted mung beans or any mixed sprouted beans. Their grassy, bitter flavor pairs well with the sweetness of the veggies.
To ensure you have the best salad possible, I suggest with so few ingredients that you source out the best produce you can find.
This fresh sweet corn & arugula salad comes together in about 10 minutes. Enjoy as a light lunch or dinner.
How To Make Corn & Arugula Salad
- Prepare the corn and dice your veggies.
- Place the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, along with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve with a slice of your favorite artisan bread and enjoy!
More Easy Summer Side and Main Salads
- Quick & Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- Classic Vegan Potato Salad
- Summer Cherry-Berry Fruit Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Radish and Cucumber Salad
If you try this corn & arugula salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.
SWEET CORN + ARUGULA SALAD
A fresh and colorful salad for all you corn lover’s! It’s the simplest of ingredients with lot’s of delicious flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6
- Category: Entree, Salad, Side
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 – 3 oz. baby arugula
- 4 ears of corn, shucked (about 3 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil, optional
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Remove the husks and stringy fibers from the corn cut/slice the corn off the cob. See this, 3 Mess Free Ways to get Corn of the Cobb, for a quick tutorial. Prep the bell pepper and onion.
In a large mixing bowl, place the arugula, corn, bell pepper and onion. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste for seasoning adding more lemon juice or salt & pepper as needed.
Serve right away, or let the salad set for about 10 minutes (you can also chill it if you like). The arugula will soften and slightly wilt during that time making the salad look more proportioned and not so arugula heavy (it makes it a little easier to eat).
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or so.
For a little protein, try mixing in a handful of sprouted mung beans or mixed sprouted beans. Their grassy, bitter flavor pairs well with the sweet veggies.