Corn and Arugula Salad features sweet corn, diced red pepper & red onion tossed with fresh arugula and dressed with lemon, salt and pepper for a simple, easy, and delicious summer salad!
Fresh corn off the cob is one of my favorites. It’s especially best in summer when at its peak of sweetness and crispness!
Today we’ll be pairing crisp, sweet corn with colorful red bell pepper, red onion, fresh arugula, and tossing it with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper creating a most delicious summer salad.
It’s a perfectly simple, fresh and colorful salad. And if you’re a lover of corn like me, you’re going to absolutely love it!
Ready in minutes, this easy summer salad can be enjoyed for a light lunch, dinner, or side salad.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Inspired by a visit to Whole Foods, I saw a Corn Arugula Salad and knew I needed to create my own. Once home, I came across this recipe from Food & Wine and loved the minimal ingredients used.
With only a few changes made, here is everything you’ll need:
- Corn – fresh corn off the cob is best, but you can use canned or frozen corn
- Red bell pepper – adds sweetness and color
- Red onion – adds a nice pop of color and texture, can sub with shallots too
- Arugula – use fresh baby arugula, add more to your taste
- Lemon – adds a wonderful brightness without being overpowering
- Salt + pepper – to taste (I used about ½ teaspoon each to really bring out the flavors)
How To Make Corn & Arugula Salad
This fresh and easy salad comes together in about 10 minutes.
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
- Prepare the corn and dice your veggies.
- Place the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, along with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
And there you have it – simple, easy, and most of all delicious!
How To Store
- Refrigerator: Leftovers will keep for up to 5 days in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing this corn arugula salad as it’s best eaten within a few days.
- Serve with a slice of your favorite Artisan Bread or gluten free Socca flatbread.
- It would be a great side with these vegan Grilled Kielbasa + Vegetable Kabobs.
More Easy Summer Recipes
- Quick & Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- Classic Vegan Potato Salad
- Summer Cherry-Berry Fruit Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Radish and Cucumber Salad
If you try this easy summer salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SWEET CORN + ARUGULA SALAD
Corn Arugula Salad is a fresh and colorful salad for all corn lovers of the world! It’s the simplest of ingredients with lots of delicious flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Entree, Salad, Side
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 – 3 oz. baby arugula
- 4 ears of corn, shucked (about 3 cups) *see notes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil, optional
- salt + pepper, to taste
Prep corn: Remove the husks and stringy fibers from the corn cut/slice the corn off the cob. See this, 3 Mess Free Ways to get Corn of the Cobb, for a quick tutorial. Prep the bell pepper and onion.
Assemble: In a large mixing bowl, place the arugula, corn, bell pepper and onion. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste for seasoning adding more lemon juice or salt & pepper as needed.
Serve: Enjoy right away, or let the salad set for about 10 minutes (you can also chill it if you like). The arugula will soften and slightly wilt during that time making the salad look more proportioned and not so arugula heavy (it makes it a little easier to eat).
Store: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or so.
You can also use canned corn that’s been drained, or frozen corn that has been thawed.
For a little protein, try mixing in a handful of sprouted mung beans or mixed sprouted beans. Their grassy, bitter flavor pairs well with the sweet veggies.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Updated: Corn + Arugula Salad was originally published in September 2016. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in August 2020.