Kebab, shish kabob, dinner on a stick, no matter what you like to call them, they are quick, easy and versatile!
These grilled vegan sausage kielabasa & vegetable kabobs pair perfectly with a side of grilled corn on the cob and Healthy Baked Beans, Vegan Potato Salad or Classic Vegan Coleslaw, making a terrific well-balanced lunch or dinner.
Kabobs can be grilled on both an indoor or outdoor grill. Skewers can be made ahead of time, wrapped up and kept in the refrigerator for grilling later. When ready, throw them on the grill and dinner is served in no time, about 15 – 30 minutes (depending if starting from scratch or pre-assembled).
Break out the grill, gather your ingredients and let’s get started!
Grilled Kielbasa & Vegetable Kabobs Ingredients
For this kielbasa recipe, you only need a few simple ingredients, starting with the kielbasa, use any of your favorite vegan brands (as of now, I’m only aware of Tofurky making a kielbasa style sausage).
Next, grab a zucchini or yellow squash, red and green peppers, and onion. We’ll finish the kabobs off by brushing them with a peppery-Dijon dressing before grilling.
It’s a simple and fairly classic kabob recipe that I think you’ll love as much as I do!
How To Grill Kielbasa & Vegetable Kabobs
- Start your grill, so it’s nice and hot when you’re ready.
- Soak your bamboo sticks in water for at least 10 – 30 minutes. This will help to keep them from charring, the longer they soak the better.
- Prepare the vegan sausage by slicing it diagonally, about about ⅓ of an inch, cut the zucchini or squash into moon shapes, core and chop the bell peppers, and slice the onions. If the onion slices are too large, slice in half horizontally.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, Dijon and pepper, set aside. Bonus points if using garlic infused olive oil!
- Skewer the veggies starting with the kielbasa, then the red pepper, onion, green pepper, and zucchini, repeat until the end of the skewer.
- Brush the kabobs with Dijon mix and place on the grill for 10 – 12 minutes, turning once. Brush with oil mixture as needed during grilling.
That’s it, easy, breezy done!
More Vegan Sausage Recipes
Here’s a few great recipes to try using vegan sausage to keep it varied and interesting. You just may find a new favorite for the meal rotation!
- 5-Ingredient Kielbasa with Peppers & Potatoes
- Creamy Pumpkin Sauce with Zucchini Noodles, Kale and Sausage
- One-Pot Penne Pasta w/ Mushrooms + Sausage
- Pepper, Onion & Sausage Spaghetti Squash
If you try this vegetable skewers recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
GRILLED KIELBASA & VEGETABLE KABOBS
Simple, healthy and easy, these grilled kielbasa & veggie kabobs will be ready in under 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 small or 8 full size kabobs 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 4 kielbasa sausages (I used Tofurky Kielbasa), sliced diagonally, about ⅓ inch thick
- 1 white or red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, cut into moons
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (bonus points for garlic olive oil!)
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper or lemon pepper
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 – 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium high.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, dijon and pepper, mix well. Set aside.
Skewer the sausage and veggies however you like. I started with the kielbasa, red pepper, onion, green pepper, zucchini, and repeat until skewer is full.
Brush each kabob with the dijon dressing.
Grill skewers for 10 – 12 minutes, turning once or twice, or until vegetables are tender. Brush will any remaining oil mixture as needed.
Makes 12 small kabobs or 8 regular sized.
Add more dijon mustard if you like, 1 – 2 teaspoons more is great. This peppery mustard mixture is great brushed on corn before grilling too!