Everyday Detox Salad is a fresh, vibrant and healthy combination of detoxifying beets, beet greens, carrots, apples, cilantro, naturally sweet raisins and protein rich hemp hearts all tossed in a flavorful citrus ginger dressing!
And after a long weekend of trials with the last recipe, Pizza Pie + Balsamic Tomato Sauce + Roasted Vegetables, it was time to get away from heavy, carb filled foods and get into something fresh & vibrant. And this detox salad was just perfect!
Full of fresh ingredients and loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, this nourishing salad is a healthy way to cleanse the body, helping the liver remove unwanted toxins.
Replenish and refuel with eating nutrient dense foods, like this detox salad on a regular basis, to help keep you healthy and feeling your best!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This nourishing detox salad includes ‘Super Food’ powers to help cleanse the liver and detox the body of daily pollutants. Your liver works hard to eliminate contaminants and these powerful ingredients help get the job done!
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Beet with greens – Sweet, earthy flavored beets are full of antioxidants and acts as an anti-inflammatory. If you can’t find the beets with their greens, use chopped spinach, dandelion greens, even lacinato kale (aka: dinosaur or Tuscan kale) would be great as they are all detoxifying as well.
- Apple – Sweet or sour, apples rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. There is fiber is in the skin, so eat the skin whenever possible.
- Carrot – Sweet carrots have the ability to improve the skin, boost the immune system, optimize digestion and protect cardiovascular health.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is brightly flavored and can help cleanse the body of toxic metals, and is a great source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Organic Raisins or Golden Raisins – Naturally sweet, raisins contain vital minerals and vitamins like calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B, and C.
- Hemp Hearts or Sesame Seeds – Full of heart healthy omegas, these seeds contain proteins, fiber and are an easy way to help detox your body, sprinkle them everywhere.
- Lime Juice (lemon is fine too) – Lime is a tart fruit bursting with both vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Ginger – Zesty ginger root is packed with healing compounds and can help aid digestion, fight nausea and to treat cold and flu infections.
How To Make Detox Salad
- Start by making the dressing, combine the lime/lemon juice, ginger, cardamon and maple syrup together in a small bowl and set aside to let the flavors mellow and come together.
- Julienne the beets, beet greens, apples and carrots. Place them in a large bowl with the raisins and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat. (You can also make this ahead of time and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.)
- Serve topped with a good sprinkle of hemp hearts or sesame seeds, and some extra raisins if you like as they add a nice sweetness.
And there you have it, a delicious and nourishing salad to keep you healthy and well! This salad tastes better the longer you’re able to let it set and the flavors mingle. It’s great for making ahead and storing in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
More Salad Inspiration
Help keep your body nourished with these other fresh and nutrient dense salads, you just may find a new favorite!
- Apple, Beet & Fennel Salad
- Cucumber + Cantaloupe Salad
- Kale, Date & Almond Salad + Lemon Dressing
- Super Spinach Salad + Carrot Miso Ginger Dressing
- Kale + Red Cabbage Slaw Salad
If you try this detox salad recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
EVERYDAY DETOX SALAD
Super nutritious, easy, beautiful and delicious! Beets, apples, carrots and more…
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Serves 2 - 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 large beet with greens, beet julienned or grated and greens julienned
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup organic raisins or golden raisins
- a few tablespoons hemp hearts or sesame seeds, to serve
Ginger Lime Dressing
- 3 – 4 tablespoons lime juice (lemon is fine too)
- 1 inch knob of ginger, finely grated (i used a microplane)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom, or to taste
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or coconut nectar, optional
In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Set aside to let the flavors mellow and come together. Check dressing for flavor before serving.
Prepare your salad ingredients and use 3 to 4 large beet leaves (about 1 cup lightly packed) and place all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the salad ingredients, toss to coat. (You can also make this ahead of time and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.)
Serve topped with a good sprinkle of hemp hearts or sesame seeds, and some extra raisins if you like as they add a nice sweetness.
Serves 2 large portions or 4 -6 small portions.
If you don’t find beets with the greens, use spinach, dandelion greens or lacinato kale instead. Use golden beets in place of red beets to keep the color mess to a minimum.
The cardamom can be optional. If you don’t use it often, there is no need to buy this just for the salad dressing although it is delicious and you may find other uses for it either here soon, or elsewhere. If you don’t have it, you will still have a great dressing.
This salad tastes better the longer your able to let it set and let the flavors mingle. This is a great salad to make in advance and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Keywords: detox salad, detox salad recipe