Roasted Cauliflower with mustard dressing is an unexpected sensational combination of ingredients with chickpeas for protein and paired with quinoa for a well rounded recipe that is a must try!
Can I interest you in some roasted cauliflower? Or maybe some roasted chickpeas?
These are both just about the greatest things ever – at least in my book they are! Toss them with this thick and creamy mustard dressing and serve with quinoa, and you’ve got yourself another simple dish that is sure to please.
I love all the ingredients in this recipe, but have to admit that once I put the mustard dressing together, I wasn’t so sure if it might have too strong of a mustard flavor.
Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find that once the dressing was mixed with the roasted chickpeas and cauliflower it mellowed out immensely, and was absolutely delicious!
This mix of ingredients has ended up being a new favorite dish of mine, for both ease of preparation and great flavor. It is also a complete meal with the addition of quinoa that adds extra protein and fiber so you can be sure you are getting what you need from your plant based diet.
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe we’ll be combining roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with a creamy mustard and lemon dressing creating a most delicious combination of flavors and texture.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Cauliflower – Use one large head of cauliflower, or pick up pre-cut for ease.
- Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) – Adds protein and texture.
- Italian parsley – Fresh parsley add a little freshness.
- Mustard – We’ll be using two types of mustard, dijon and whole grain, for a wonderful mix of flavor and texture.
- Lemon – As always, lemon adds a nice zest and brightness to both the dressing and serving bowl. If you don’t have lemon on hand, sub with white wine vinegar in the dressing.
- Oil – I use a light flavored olive oil, but you can use your favorite neutral flavored oil.
- Quinoa – I used tri-color quinoa, use your favorite. Feel free to change it up with your favorite grain.
- Salt & pepper – To taste.
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower with Mustard Dressing
- Start by preparing your chickpeas and cutting the cauliflower into florets, place on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper (affiliate links) and roast in oven set to 400 degrees for for 35 – 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your dressing and cook your quinoa (or grain of choice).
- Once chickpeas and cauliflower are ready, toss with the mustard dressing and serve over a bed of quinoa and sprinkle of parsley.
And that’s all it takes to make this wonderfully simple meal!
How To Store Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days, in a covered container. This recipe is also great for weekly meal prep with these multi-use glass containers (affiliate link).
- Salad: Serve with Green Salad + Lemon Tahini Dressing, or change up the dressing with this Healthy Flax & Evo Balsamic Vinaigrette or Vegan Ranch.
- Vegetables: Serve with a side of Savory Sauteed Kale or Skillet Asparagus + Tomato Medley.
- Soup: Serve with a bowl of Broccoli + Red Lentil Soup, Roasted Fennel & Potato Soup or Vegan Potato Leek Soup.
More Cauliflower Recipes You’ll Love
- Roasted Cauliflower + Chickpea + Golden Beet Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Nourish Bowl
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower & Quinoa Salad
- Blackened Roasted Cauliflower ‘Steaks’
- See all cauliflower recipes on TSV!
If you try this roasted cauliflower recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER + CHICKPEAS + MUSTARD DRESSING
Roasted cauliflower with dijon mustard dressing is an unexpected sensational combination of ingredients, this well rounded recipe is a must try!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of mineral salt
- 1 cup quinoa (I used tri-color)
- 1 3/4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- fresh cracked pepper, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- juice from 1 lemon or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Roast: Prepare cauliflower and chickpeas, toss together in a large roasting pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and dash or two of salt. Roast for 35 – 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
Quinoa: In a medium pot, add quinoa, 1 3/4 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove cover and let set 10 minutes, fluff with a fork.
Dressing: In a small bowl, prepare your mustard dressing and set aside. You may like to double this recipe and have some to drizzle over top your plated serving.
Assemble: Once roasting is done, let cool a few minutes. While still warm, place cauliflower and chickpeas in a medium size bowl, add dressing and toss. Add in parsley last or top your portion when before serving. Tastes great warm or at room temperature.
Serve cauliflower and chickpea mix over a nice bed of quinoa along with lemon wedges.
Serves 3 with leftover quinoa.
Updated: Roasted Cauliflower + Chickpea with Mustard Dressing originally published August 2013 and has been updated November 2019 with new photos and helpful tips. Enjoy!