Lemon Ginger Detox Tea is a daily anti-inflammatory morning wellness drink to boost your immune system, stimulate digestion and kick start your metabolism!
Why We Love This Recipe!
Soothing, flavorful and full of nutrients, this Detox Tea with lemon, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne is a new staple in my morning routine!
- Caffeine free. I love that it has no caffeine, but stimulates me at the same time.
- Cleansing. The body is cleansed by the combination of ginger and lemon, and the turmeric and cayenne pepper aids to reduce inflammation and speed up the metabolism. Read on.
It’s a perfect nourishing, immune boosting elixir in the morning as well as throughout the day!
Lemon Ginger Tea Ingredients
Made with just a few simple ingredients, power up in the morning and throughout the day with a cup of this immune boosting and detoxifying lemon ginger tea.
Here is everything you will need, including their health benefits:
- Lemon: Lemons are a good source of vitamin C which is one of the most important antioxidants in nature. These powerful antioxidants neutralize free radicals both inside and outside the cell. Free radicals can cause inflammation, the antioxidants in lemons are helpful for reducing inflammation and symptoms of arthritis. They also contain flavonoids to help attack and prevent certain cancer cells from growing. Lemons also hold antibiotic effects. This yellow oval fruit is full of healing properties and should be enjoyed regularly.
- Ginger: Ginger, like lemons, also holds anti-inflammatory benefits (great for people with arthritis, like myself). It also eases gas and bloating, and is helpful with motion sickness. And when you’re feeling under the weather, ginger helps promote healthy sweating which is a great way to get the toxins out. Ginger can be used in lots of recipes like soups, noodle dishes, dressings, drinks, etc. It’s handy to have fresh ginger root on hand for when the time calls, and this detox tea is another great way to use it up!
- Turmeric: Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammation benefits, as well as being full of antioxidants. It may be help reduce symptoms of depression, combat cancer, and aides in preventing diabetes. It’s an all around amazing spice with a beautiful golden hue.
- Cayenne: Cayenne is another spice that helps to fight inflammation. It can also help clear congestion as well as act as a natural pain reliever. It can help with weight loss and give your immune system a boost with its high content of beta-carotene. Not only will it add a spicy kick to your food/drinks, it will take care of you on the inside as well!
For every bit of its healing effects, it tastes twice as good!
How To Make Lemon Ginger Detox Tea
Make this immune boosting detox tea 1 of 2 ways:
- Stovetop. Using a small pot or kettle, add the water, ginger, lemon juice, cayenne and turmeric, give a good stir. Place over low heat and warm until steam comes up or whistle blows on the kettle. Let rest for 5 minutes, pour, add a little sweetener, and enjoy.
- Right in your cup. Heat water to boiling in a pot or kettle. Pour warm water into your cup, add ginger, lemon juice, cayenne, and turmeric, let set for 5 minutes. Add a little sweetener, stir and enjoy!
Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
How To Store + Make Ahead
- Refrigerator: Leftover tea can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days using reusable glass or plastic (pref PBA-free) bottles.
- Make ahead: Lemon Ginger Tea can be made in advance and stored in individual beverage containers (glass or PBA-free plastic), making for a healthy drink to take along for hiking, traveling or work.
More Healthy Beverage Recipes!
If you try this healthy detox tea recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
LEMON GINGER DETOX TEA
Lemon Ginger Detox Tea is a daily anti-inflammatory morning wellness drink to boost your immune system, stimulate your digestion and kick start your metabolism!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: Serve 1 – 2 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups water
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon raw, coconut or organic sugar or maple syrup (optional)
Prep the ginger by using a vegetable peeler to remove the outer skin and thinly slice with a sharp knife.
Using a small pot or kettle, add the water, ginger, lemon juice, turmeric and cayenne, give a good stir. Place over medium-low to low heat and warm until steam comes up or whistle blows on the kettle.
Let rest for 5 minutes, pour into individual cups, add a little sweetener, and enjoy.
Serves 1 – 2
Alternative heating option: Heat water to boiling in a pot or kettle. Pour warm water into your cup, add ginger, lemon juice, cayenne, and turmeric, let set for 5 minutes. Add a little sweetener, stir and enjoy!
Updated: Lemon Ginger Detox Tea was originally published in April 2014. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in July 2020.