Simple and easy, this healthy Lavash Wrap with refried beans, avocado, and red bell pepper with side of salsa is perfect for a filling vegan lunch, dinner or make ahead meal!
What to do when you have left over refried beans?
Just the case today, I made my daughter a quesadilla for lunch and didn’t care for one myself.
Instead, I made this vegan Refried Bean & Avocado Lavash Wrap with the lavash bread I picked up from Trader Joe’s and a few simple ingredients I had on hand.
So here I share with you a recipe using lavash and veggies that might inspire you to recreate your own. It makes for a quick and easy, healthy snack or lunch!
Ingredients for Vegan Lavash Wrap
Lavash is slathered with refried beans, topped with veggies and rolled into a simple and delicious wrap that both kids and adults will love.
Here is everything you will need:
- lavash bread (whole grain pref)
- vegetarian refried beans – use store bought or make homemade vegan refried beans
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- romaine lettuce or other leafy greens of choice
- himalayan salt
- salsa – for serving
How To Make Refried Bean & Avocado Lavash Wrap
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
- Lay the lavash flat, add a serving of warm refried beans to the middle of half the lavash bread, and layer with red bell peppers, red onion and a few cilantro sprigs.
- On the other half, add the leafy greens and a few slices of avocado.
- Add a sprinkle of salt over top.
- Roll the end with the beans, tucking the lettuce as you are rolling and wrapping.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
And there you have it, a delicious Refried Bean & Avocado Lavash Wrap. Nothing fancy, just the simples, but so good and healthy!
How To Store + Meal Prep
Make 2 – 3 of these wraps at a time storing them in multi-use containers (affiliate link) or bento boxes for the next day or two as a lunch or snack. They will hold up well and actually allow the lavash bread to soften a bit in the refrigerator.
More Easy Wrap Recipes
- Fresh Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Quinoa ‘Meatballs’ Lettuce Wraps
- Hummus Veggie Wrap
- Lentil Wrap + Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Wraps
- See all healthy Sandwich & Wrap ideas on TSV!
If you try this easy lavash wrap recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
REFRIED BEAN & AVOCADO LAVASH WRAP
A simple, vegan lavash wrap with refried beans, avocado, red bell pepper, onion and a side of salsa is perfect for a healthy lunch, dinner or make ahead meal!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 lavash bread (whole grain pref)
- 1 can (14 oz.) vegan refried beans
- 1/3 red onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce or other leafy greens of choice
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- cilantro sprigs, optional
- himalayan salt & pepper
- salsa on the side
Heat up your refried beans and cut up your veggies.
Layer lavash bread with 1/3 – 1/2 of the refried beans, onion, red pepper, avocado and leafy greens. Sprinkle a little mineral salt over top, fold over and roll, slice in half and enjoy!
A little salsa on the side is perfect to add a little extra juiciness. You could also use tomato slices in place of, or in addition to, the red bell pepper for added juiciness.
Store: Lavash wraps can be stored in covered containers for up to 2 days.
Updated: Lavash Wrap was originally published in August 2012. It has been updated with new photos and helpful tips in July 2020.