For the love of chickpeas, curry & sriracha! I am in love with these easy to make and flavorful crunchy curry & sriracha roasted chickpeas!
After revisiting my Curry & Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower, I thought why not do a batch of chickpeas too. So glad I did because they make a terrific snack for almost anytime of day!
I’m also out to keep the campaign going to, ‘EAT MORE CHICKPEAS!’ Fair enough, and I know the chickens would agree too. I can hear them cheering me on as I type – well not really, but if they knew my plan they surely would.
These roasted chickpeas are yet another great way to add this versatile little bean into your life. Full of protein and fiber, they toast up nicely and take on a variety of flavors making them a great anytime of day snack.
Skip the chips and roast up a batch of chickpeas instead. They are super easy to make, you may even want to double up the recipe as they can go pretty fast.
How To Make Roasted Curry & Sriracha Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are so easy to make, it only takes a few steps:
- Start by drying the chickpea between a kitchen towel and remove any lose skins.
- Next add the chickpeas, oil, curry, sriracha, garlic powder and salt to a medium size bowl and combine well to coat.
- Place chickpeas in a single layer on a roasting pan or rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, silpat (<affiliate links), or lightly greased with oil.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes or so until chickpeas have a nice roasted look and are crispy.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
How To Store Roasted Chickpeas To Keep Them Crispy
Keep your chickpeas crispy by storing them in a container that lets air flow through. If stored in an airtight container they will soften up and lose their crunchiness.
If you try this easy snack recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
CURRY & SRIRACHA ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Perfect little crunchy snack throughout the day. Try topping soups and salads with these too. Full of protein and fiber to keep you feeling satisfied.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas), or 1 can (15 oz), drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 or 2 teaspoons sesame, coconut or olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon sriracha
- 1 heaping teaspoon curry powder
- dash or two garlic powder
- pinch of mineral salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Dry: Rinse and dry the chickpeas between a kitchen towel. Remove any lose skins.
Season: Place ingredients in a medium size bowl and combine well to coat.
Layer: Arrange chickpeas in a single layer on a roasting pan or rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, silpat or lightly greased.
Roast: Bake for about 40-45 minutes mixing them around every 10 minutes or so until chickpeas have a nice roasted look and are crispy.
Cool: Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Store: Keep chickpeas crunchy by storing them in a container that lets air flow through. When stored in an airtight container they will soften up and lose their crunchiness.
Feel free to add extra spice if you want it a little spicier!
P.S. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water with your chickpeas. Enjoy!