Spicy Roasted Chickpeas – When you need a great snack on the go or just around the house, these chipotle roasted chickpeas make a great snack or salad topper. They’re easy to make, full of flavorful & healthy as can be!
Chickpeas are full of nutrients, fiber, and protein – all the good stuff your body needs. And once roasted they’re full of texture and flavor your taste buds with thank you for!
Next time you have a salad, toss in roasted chickpeas instead of croutons. They are gluten-free, low-fat and will round out your salads nutritional profile nicely.
For more oven roasted chickpea inspiration, check out this Crispy Roasted Chickpeas (it’s full of flavor variations) or Curry & Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas (it’s another warm & spicy roasted chickpea recipe)!
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Ingredients
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make these spicy roasted chickpeas, including:
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Sesame or olive oil
- Chipotle powder
- Garlic powder
- Mineral salt
How To Make Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are a cinch to make in the oven, using 1 pan and minimal ingredients!
- Get that oven nice and hot, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Before you begin, make sure the chickpeas are dry. Patting them with a paper towel or clean dish cloth should do the trick. Remove any lose skins.
- Place the chickpeas in the center of a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat (<affiliate link), drizzle with oil and spices, and toss well to coat.
- Arrange chickpeas in a single layer, and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Once done, let cool completely before storing.
And that’s it, a healthy little snack made easy. Nothing complicated, just simple, crunchy and delicious!
How To Store Roasted Chickpeas
Keep your chickpeas crunchy by storing them in a container that lets air flow through, either uncovered or loosely covered. When stored in an airtight container they will soften up and lose their crispness.
More Vegan Snack Ideas
Looking for appetizer or snack ideas? Take a look at these other finger food, vegan snacks for more inspiration – you just may find a new favorite!
- Chocolate Chai Roasted Almond
- Curry & Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- See all vegan Appetizer & Snack recipes on TSV!
If you try this spicy roasted chickpea recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
CHIPOTLE ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Warm & spicy flavor, for a flavorful snack or appetizer that’s healthy and easy to make!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6, ¼ cup per serving 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or 1 ½ cups cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- mineral salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
After draining and rinsing your chickpeas, pat them dry with dish towel or paper towel. Remove any lose skins.
Arrange chickpeas in a single layer, place baking sheet in the oven, and bake for about 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so until chickpeas have a nice roasted look and are crispy.
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
How To Store: Keep your chickpeas crunchy by storing them in a container that lets air flow through. When stored in an airtight container they will soften up and lose their crunchiness.
For a spicy & sweet flavor, replace the oil with pure maple syrup!