When you need a great snack on the go or just around the house, these spicy seasoned Chipotle Roasted Chickpeas make a great snack or salad topper. They’re easy, flavorful & healthy!
Chickpeas are full of nutrients, fiber, protein – all the good stuff your body needs along with texture and flavor your taste buds with thank you for. These spicy oven roasted chickpeas are gluten-free, low-fat and refined sugar free.
Next time you have a salad, instead of croutons, try adding roasted chickpeas instead. They make great soup toppers too, add crunch, protein and will round out your salad & salad nutritional profile nicely. Try them with this Vegan Caesar Salad, Carrot, Sweet Potato & Coriander Soup, or Butternut Squash Soup!
For more oven roasted chickpea inspiration, check out this Curry & Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas. It’s another warm & spicy roasted chickpea recipe!
Chipotle Roasted Chickpeas Ingredients
You only 5 simple ingredients to make these spicy roasted chickpeas, including:
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Sesame or olive oil
- Chipotle powder
- Garlic powder
- Mineral salt
How To Make Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are a cinch to make in the oven, using 1 pan and minimal ingredients!
- Get that oven nice and hot, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Before you begin, make sure the chickpeas are dry. Patting them with a paper towel or clean dish cloth should do the trick.
- Place the chickpeas in the center of a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil and spices, and toss well to coat.
- Arrange chickpeas in a single layer, and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Once done, let cool completely before storing.
And that’s it, a healthy little snack made easy. Nothing complicated, just simple, crunchy and delicious!
How To Keep Your Roasted Chickpeas Crunchy
Keep your jarred chickpeas crunchy by adding some rice to bottom of your jar or container. They seem to soften up a bit once sealed away, the rice will help soak up extra moisture to keep them crunchy. You can also keep them in a container that lets air flow through so they can keep their crunch and be sure to eat within a few days.
Looking for more appetizer and snack ideas? Take a look at these other finger food, vegan snacks for more inspiration, you just may find a new favorite!
- Chocolate Chai Roasted Almond
- Curry & Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- See all vegan Appetizer & Snack recipes on TSV!
If you try this roasted chickpeas recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.
CHIPOTLE ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Warm & spicy flavor, for a flavorful snack or appetizer that’s healthy and easy to make!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6, 1/4 cup per serving
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- mineral salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Dry chickpeas: After draining and rinsing your chickpeas, pat them dry with dish towel or paper towel.
Arrange chickpeas in a single layer, place baking sheet in the oven, and bake for about 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so until chickpeas have a nice roasted look and are crispy. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
How To Store: Keep your jarred chickpeas crunchy by adding some rice to bottom of your jar or container. They seem to soften up a bit once sealed away, the rice will help soak up extra moisture to keep them crunchy. You can also keep them in a container that lets air flow through so they can keep their crunch and be sure to eat within a few days.
For a spicy & sweet flavor, replace the oil with pure maple syrup!