Vegan Caesar Dressing is a delicious rich and creamy salad dressing that’s easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients and ready in under 10 minutes! Oil-free, dairy-free + egg free recipe perfect for Vegan Caesar Salad or Caesar Pasta Salad.
Why We Love This Recipe!
This deliciously addicting vegan Caesar salad dressing is for those who have gone plant based or are looking for a more healthier option to the traditional version!
Here’s a few reasons we think it’s the BEST!
- Versatile. Caesar Salad Dressing isn’t just for salads! Drizzle it over roasted veggies, use it as a spread for sandwiches, or as a dip for artichokes and fresh vegetable sticks.
- Healthy. This Caesar Dressing is an oil-free recipe that’s also dairy free, egg free, and made with nutritious whole food plant based ingredients!
- Easy to make. Ready in under 10 minutes, you can whip up a fresh batch whenever you need. It stores well so you can make it in advance.
With only 5 ingredients (plus salt, pepper, and water), this savory salad dressing is simple but full of flavor!
Here is everything you will need, including ingredient substitutions:
- Raw cashews – Unroasted cashews are neutral in flavor and blend into a perfect creamy consistency. You can buy in bulk at some stores or find them online (I buy my Cashews in bulk from Amazon (affiliate link). See below for nut free options!
- Capers – To replace the traditional anchovies used in Caesar dressing, capers are a terrific substitute adding a savory, briny flavor. If you want to skip the capers, use 1 teaspoon mellow miso.
- Dijon – Adds a layer of tang, sharpness with a hint of spiciness.
- Garlic – Use fresh or store bought pre-minced for ease. If you’re in a pinch garlic powder will work as well.
- Lemon – An acid adds a zing of flavor. Sub lemon with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Salt + pepper – Be sure to use enough to bring out the flavors and add a little spice.
How To Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
Here is a quick look at the steps. You can find the full printable recipe card below.
- Soak the cashews for 5 minutes in very warm water, but not boiling. I usually do this right in the blender cup. This will help soften them for blending. Drain well.
- Using a blender or food processor, add the soaked cashews, water, garlic, capers, dijon, lemon, salt, and pepper, and blend until creamy. It will take about 1 minute using a blender.
- You may like your dressing thick or thin. Add a little more water as needed to thin. Taste for flavor.
It’s that easy and ready to use right away, or store for later.
How To Store Caesar Dressing
Vegan Caesar Dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 – 7 days in a sealed container. It’s also freezer friendly and can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months for longer storage. Simply let thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours before needed. Give a good stir before serving.
Adjusting For Dietary Restrictions
In my quest to try and offer alternatives for those with dietary concerns, here are a few ideas to make this caesar salad dressing nut free.
- Nut-free: In place of using cashews, caesar dressing can also be made with ⅔ – ¾ cup of plain, unsweetened, non-dairy yogurt or vegan mayo. Also, plain hummus will work as well. Add a little water as needed to thin. It should be just as savory and delicious!
Whether you like your dressing thick or thin, here is just a few ideas for using this creamy dressing:
- Salad: It’s a staple ingredient in Caesar Salad.
- Pasta: I’m obsessed with it in this Caesar Pasta Salad!
- Fresh veggies: Use it as a dip for fresh vegetable sticks.
- Artichoke: Try it with steamed artichokes in place in aioli.
- Grilled or roasted veggies: Serve poured over roasted and grilled vegetables such as zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, eggplant, bell peppers, sweet potato, etc.
More Healthy Dressing Recipes!
- Vegan Ranch
- Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Flax & Evo Balsamic Dressing
- Tahini Miso Dressing
- Spicy Mango Dressing
If you try this easy dressing recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN CAESAR DRESSING
Vegan Caesar Dressing is a delicious rich and creamy salad dressing that’s easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients and ready in under 10 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 – 2 teaspoons dijon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Soak the cashews: Soak the cashews in hot, not boiling, water for at least five minutes. If you have digestive sensitivities to nuts, be sure to soak them in cool water for 2 – 3 hours to aid with digestion. Drain well.
Assemble dressing: Using a blender or food processor, add the soaked cashews, water, garlic, capers, dijon, lemon juice, salt and pepper, blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If you find it tough to blend, add a tad bit more water as needed to help it move along. Add more water to thin. Taste for flavor.
Makes about 1 cup.
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 – 7 days. Give a good stir before using.
If you want to skip the capers, use 1 teaspoon mellow miso. Alternatively, use both for maximum umami flavor.
In place of using cashews, caesar dressing can also be made with ⅔ – ¾ cup of plain, unsweetened, non-dairy yogurt or vegan mayo. Also, plain hummus will work as well. Add a little water as needed to thin. It should be just as savory and delicious!