Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing is a lightly sweet and tangy, healthy vegan salad dressing made with just 5 simple ingredients that’s oil-free and ready in 2 minutes!
Meet my new favorite salad dressing! It’s creamy, healthy and easy to make. But most of all, it’s delicious!
Healthy, low-fat and oil-free, we’ll be using non-dairy yogurt as the base of the dressing in place of mayonnaise, which is typically found in creamy poppy seed dressings. It’s light and creamy, not super thick-creamy, but it clings well and tastes great!
Both lightly sweet and tangy, this simple vegan dressing is delicious on both fruit and vegetable salads. It would be great drizzled on this summery Strawberry Spinach Salad and Strawberry, Apple, Quinoa & Spinach Salad , or this Crunchy Kale Salad with Cranberries. You could even lightly dress this Easy Apple Coleslaw with it!
What Ingredients Are In Poppy Seed Dressing?
Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing is made with non-dairy yogurt instead of mayonnaise and lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup for a light, creamy dressing that’s healthy and easy to make!
What you’ll need:
- Unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Pure maple syrup
- Poppy seeds
- Generous dash of onion powder
How Do You Make Poppy Seed Dressing?
To make the dressing simply place the ingredients in a mason jar or small bowl and whisk until combined. Let rest in the refrigerator until ready to use. Usually, I let the dressing rest a few minutes before adjusting for flavor. This way the flavors have time to mingle before making adjustments.
Tips For Your Best Poppy Seed Dressing
- In place of yogurt, try vegan mayo instead.
- Not feeling yogurt or mayo, try a mix of tahini and water, using about 1/3 cup tahini + 3 Tbsp water. The tahini is a fantastic base for poppy seed dressing. I used it in the dressing for this Sonoma Chickpea ‘Chicken’ Salad.
- Apple cider vinegar can be replaced with white wine vinegar. Add more vinegar for extra tanginess.
- Use organic pure cane sugar in place of maple syrup if needed.
- Try adding a dash or two of onion powder for added flavor.
How Long Will Leftovers Last?
Leftovers will keep for 6 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
More Vegan Dressings
If you try this vegan salad dressing recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN POPPY SEED DRESSING (CREAMY + HEALTHY)
Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing is made with yogurt instead of mayo and lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup for a delicious creamy dressing that’s ready in 2 minutes!
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Total Time: 2 min
- Yield: Serves 3 1x
- Category: Condiment, Dressing
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt*
- 2 – 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar**
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 – 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- generous pinch of mineral salt
- Generous dash of onion powder
Place ingredients in a mason jar or small bowl and whisk until combined.
Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
**Apple cider vinegar can be replaced with white wine vinegar. Use more vinegar for extra tanginess.