Healthy Flax + Evo Balsamic Vinaigrette is a heart healthy dressing for salads and vegetables that’s easy to make and tastes delicious!
It’s always handy to have a healthy balsamic dressing recipe handy and this one is pretty fabulous!
This flax and evo vinaigrette is of a two-fold goodness.
- For one, I prefer to make my own dressing whenever possible. I like to know the exact ingredients and methods used.
- Secondly, I’m always trying to add healthy twists to my meals whenever I can.
With this balsamic vinaigrette I have combined flax seed oil with the traditional extra virgin olive oil to add an extra dose of omega-3 to my diet. This has a nice easy flavor just like I like it with a little sweetness and tang.
Flaxseed oil and its benefits
- Flaxseed oil contains omega-3 fatty acids which is a heart-healthy fat. Omega-3 has been shown to decrease the risk and impact of heart disease and risk of heart attacks.
- Adding flaxseed oil into your diet can aid in the prevention of heart disease. When digested, it enters the blood and helps prevent inflammation in the blood vessels and slows the buildup of plaque in the blood vessels.
- Omega 3 can be found in walnuts, flaxseed, hemp hearts, canola oil, and soybean oil. The highest concentration of omega-3 in oils is flaxseed oil.
- Omega-3 fat makes up about 50% of the oil in flaxseeds. One teaspoon of flaxseed oil or one tablespoon of ground flaxseed will supply the daily requirement of ALA.
Looking for more ways to add flaxseed oil to your diet, try adding a teaspoon of flaxseed oil to a smoothie or drizzled on a salad.
How To Store Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed oil should be stored in the refrigerator or the freezer to protect them from oxygen damage. Also, keep in mind that heat will damage the omega-3s in flaxseed oil, it is important not to heat this oil.
How to make Healthy Flax & Evo Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Start with mixing together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. The above picture on the left I’ve mixed everything but the oil. Mixing the ingredients first without the oil helps to emulsify the mustard.
- Lastly, add in the olive and flaxseed oil, whisk together until well blended. The picture on the right, oil has been added and mixed well.
It’s now ready to drizzle on a salad, steamed or raw veggies, or anywhere you would usually use balsamic vinaigrette.
This is a simple balsamic dressing and clings to whatever you add it to. I hope you enjoy this delicious, heart-healthy dressing as much as I do!
More Vegan Dressings
- Creamy Maple Dijon Salad Dressing (quick & easy single serve)
- Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Lemon Herb Hemp Dressing
- See all Dressing recipes on TSV!
If you try this balsamic vinaigrette recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
HEALTHY FLAX & EVO BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
This creamy balsamic dressing is a mix of heart healthy oils and is great to have on hand for fresh salads, or use a dip for veggies.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: Makes 1 cup, Serves 8
- Category: Condiment, Dressing
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1/4 cup flaxseed oil or hemp seed oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup, optional
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard or stoneground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- himalayan salt & pepper to taste
In a small/medium size mason jar, or other container of choice, combine the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic and salt & pepper, mix well to emulsify the mustard. Add in the oil and mix well. Taste for flavor.
Drizzle on salads or vegetables…anything you like! Keep refrigerated and use within a week.
Makes 1 cup, serves 8
You can also make this without the flax oil and it will last about a month.
Always store flax seed & hemp seed oil in the refrigerator.