Vegan Ranch Dressing – Thick, creamy and delicious, this vegan ranch recipe is made with cashews, flavorful herbs and lemon for a tasty salad dressing or dip for your favorite veggies!
Cashews once again blend into a wonderful creamy vegan condiment!
You may already be familiar with these other amazing cashew based recipes, like this Vegan Sour Cream, Sweet Cashew Cream or even this Vegan Cashew Ricotta. Cashews are amazing for transforming into delicious plant based replacements for otherwise dairy filled recipes.
And this easy vegan ranch dressing is another great addition to the recipe collection. It’s healthy, customizable using dried or fresh herbs, and a perfect replacement for dairy ranch. Not to mention it’s delicious and will be LOVED by all!
Vegan Ranch Ingredients
So what goes into vegan ranch? It doesn’t take much to make this classic creamy dressing from scratch.
What you’ll need:
- Raw cashews + water (unsweetened plant milk is great too)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dill (fresh or dried)
- Parsley (fresh or dried)
- salt & pepper
How To Make Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Simply add the cashews, water, onion and garlic powder, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to the cup of your blender and blend until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed every now and then.
- Add the fresh or dried herbs, salt and pepper and finish mixing by hand.
- For a thinner ranch dressing or dip, add a tad more water, a little at a time, until desired consistency.
And that’s it, enjoy this classic favorite right away or let it sit in the refrigerator to chill and thicken even more. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
Recommended Equipment: I ♡ my NutriBullet (<affiliate link) for small jobs like this. It’s powerful, compact and easy to clean!
How To Make Vegan Ranch Without Cashews
If you’re allergic to nuts or just don’t want to use them, replace the cashews with 1/2 to 3/4 cup vegan mayo, no need to use a blender, just stir well to combine.
I hope you LOVE this healthy, mayo-free vegan ranch dressing as much as we do! It’s:
How To Use Vegan Ranch
This easy vegan ranch makes a great center for a tray full of colorful veggies, or served along side these baked sweet potatoes wedges or roasted red potatoes. And of course, it’s a classic salad dressing for your favorite garden salads, like this Cobb Salad!
More Vegan Condiments & Dips
- Creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing
- Vegan French Onion Dip
- Fresh Mango Salsa
- Spinach Artichoke White Bean Dip
- 7 Layer Fiesta Dip
If you try this vegan ranch recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
Thick and flavorful, homemade vegan ranch dressing is perfect for crisp salads or served as a dip with veggies!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 1 cup raw cashews, pref. soaked (see notes)
- 1/2 cup water, + more as needed to thin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped
- generous pinch of paprika
- plenty of mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper
Add the cashews, water, onion & garlic powder, lemon and apple cider vinegar to a high speed blender, blend until creamy smooth. Add the dill, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper, and mix by hand.
For a thinner dressing, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of water at a time until desired consistency.
Use right away or let set in the refrigerator to chill.
Makes about 1 cup.
Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 6 days.
Soaking aids in the digestion of cashews. Soak cashews in 1 of 2 ways:
Quick soak cashews: To soak your cashews quickly, cover them with hot water and let set for 5 – 10 minutes. Drain cashews and use accordingly.
Regular soak for cashews: Cover with an inch of cool water, let soak for 2 – 3 hours. Cashews don’t need any longer than 3 hours, but will be ok if soaked longer.
In place of water when blending, substitute with unsweetened plant milk of choice.
If you’re allergic to nuts, replace the cashews with 1/2 to 3/4 cup vegan mayo, no need to use a blender, just stir well to combine.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: My NutriBullet (affiliate link) does it again. It’s compact, easy clean, and is great for small jobs like this recipe. For more of my favorite cooking tools, shop my kitchen essentials.