Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is warm, soft and creamy, with wonderful cheesy flavor! Served warm or at room temperature, it’s a crowd-pleasing easy vegan appetizer served with pita chips, crackers or veggie sticks.
This plant based spinach artichoke dip recipe is seriously the BEST, and it’s so easy to make with only 7 ingredients! Plus, it’s oil and dairy free, easily customizable and can be made ahead.
It’s perfect for holiday gatherings, potlucks, game day, movie night or whenever you’re craving a homestyle warm and creamy dip! It’s perfect comfort food that’s actually healthy!
I’m super excited to add another fantastic vegan dip to the recipe collection! So without further ado, let’s get to the good stuff!
For another version, check out this Spinach & Artichoke White Bean Dip. It’s delicious too!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this easy dairy-free spinach artichoke dip recipe. Included you’ll find tips and substitution ideas for various ingredients.
- Artichoke Hearts – I always buy canned artichoke hearts in brine or water. Frozen works well too, just let them thaw before chopping. Feel free to add another can!
- Spinach – Fresh or frozen both work. I bought fresh spinach and steamed it, then roughly chopped it before using. If using frozen, thaw first and squeeze the excess water.
- Cashews – Use only raw cashews as they have a neutral flavor. I know cashews can be expensive, but they are amazing and really take the place of cheese, which is about the same cost of cashews. Buying in bulk helps cut the cost. I highly recommend soaking the cashews, even if just for 10 minutes in hot water to really soften them up before blending. If allergic to cashews, try subbing sunflower seeds.
- Non-Dairy Milk or Water: For the liquids, use cashew or almond milk (or your favorite), just be sure it’s unsweetened and plain. Water works great too, the cashews are so creamy they don’t really need plant milk.
- Nutritional Yeast or Miso – Nutritional yeast adds a nice cheesy flavor, but if you don’t care for it use 1 tablespoon mellow miso for added umami flavor. And, if you don’t have either on hand, try using 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard instead.
- Garlic Powder – Adds a nice layer of flavor. Feel free to add a little onion powder too if you like, or substitute the garlic powder with onion powder.
- Salt + Pepper – Don’t skimp on the salt, as it brings out all the flavors, and cheese is typically salty, so we want to mimic that as much as possible. Add pepper to taste.
How To Make Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
- Add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and liquids to the bowl of a blender and process until nice and smooth, as shown above.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts and spinach to a baking dish, pour the creamy cashew cheese over top and mix well to coat (shown above). Clean around the sides before baking if you like.
- Place in the oven and bake at 400 degrees., covered, for 10 minutes, remove cover and bake another 10 minutes. Feel free to keep it covered the entire time, or don’t cover it at all. Use your personal preference.
- Once pulled from the oven as shown below, it’s bakes up thick, creamy and ready to be devoured!
It’s not too thick, nor too thin, and is just perfect for scooping up with a sliced baguette, crackers, tortilla or pita chips, or vegetable sticks.
This spinach artichoke dip is seriously the BEST, and I know you’ll love it too!
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerator: Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 – 4 days.
- Freezer: Spinach artichoke dip is freezer friendly and can be stored in freezer safe containers (affiliate link) for up to 2 – 3 months. Let it thaw before reheating.
- Reheat: Warm in the oven at 375 for 10 – 15 minutes, until warmed through. Or microwave using 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until warm. Give a good stir and enjoy!
This vegan spinach artichoke dip can be made ahead up to 1 – 2 days and kept in the refrigerator until ready to bake. It will taste even better after the flavors have had time to develop!
Serve this spinach artichoke dip with fresh vegetables sticks, crackers, pita chips, bread sticks, tortilla chips or sliced baguette.
More Easy Vegan Appetizers You’ll Love
- Spinach Artichoke White Bean Dip
- 7 Layer Dip
- Vegan French Onion Dip
- Vegan Ranch
- Texas Caviar
- White Bean Hummus
If you make this spinach artichoke dip recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
Warm, creamy and flavorful this lovely spinach artichoke dip is perfect for just about any occasion and is super easy to make! No sour cream or processed cheeses, just simple whole food plant based ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 10 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Bake, Puree
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, pref. soaked
- 2 – 4 tablespoon nutritional yeast or 1 tablespoon mellow miso
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon mineral salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk (or your favorite) or water
- 10 – 14 oz. spinach, frozen or fresh (see notes)
- 1 can (14oz.) artichoke hearts in brine, drained and finely chopped
- sliced baguette
- pita chips
- veggie sticks
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Soak Cashews: Soak, covered with 1 inch of very hot water for 10 minutes to help soften them up so they blend ultra creamy. If you have nut sensitivities, soak the cashews in cool water for 2 – 3 hours to aid in digestion.
Prep: Dice the artichoke hearts and prep the spinach.
Cashew Cheese: Using your favorite blender, add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and liquids to the bowl and process until nice and smooth, about 3 minutes or so. Taste for flavor, adding more salt and pepper as needed.
Assemble: In a small or medium sized baking dish, add the spinach and artichoke hearts, pour the cashew cheese overtop and mix to combine. Wipe along the rim of the baking dish before baking for clean finish if you like.
Bake: Place in the oven, covered for 10 minutes, remove cover and bake another 10 minutes. Feel free to adjust the cover at any time to your preference (for me, sometimes I leave it covered the entire time).
Serve: Serve as is or give a good stir before serving. This dip is great warm or at room temperature, and is delicious scooped up with a sliced baguette or homemade crusty bread, pita chips, crackers or fresh vegetable sticks.
Would be great with a light dusting of Almond Parmesan too!
Store: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, in a covered container.
Spinach: If using frozen, let thaw and squeeze the excess water before using. From fresh, steam the spinach first, give a rough chop, drain any excess water.
Make ahead: Make the recipe as directed, without baking, and place it the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days until ready to bake.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Keywords: vegan spinach artichoke dip, spinach artichoke dip recipe, healthy vegan appetizer