If you’ve ever wanted to make raw vegan sushi rolls, then this recipe is for you!
Since I’ve never been a fan of the rice typically used in sushi rolls, making them raw, without any grain, was right up my alley. I much rather fill up on my veggies and these raw sushi rolls hit the spot.
This was my first time making sushi rolls and I really enjoyed putting them together, so much so that I enjoyed three of these rolls all to myself.
These vegan sushi rolls are:
- gluten free
- grain free
- quick & easy
Raw Vegan Sushi Roll Ingredients
The filling of these raw vegan sushi rolls starts with avocado, radish, enoki mushrooms, red bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, sprouts, miso and hemp hearts.
How To Make Raw Vegan Sushi Rolls
- Lay the nori sheet on the bamboo sushi mat. On the far end, spread 1 teaspoon of miso along the edge, add a sprinkle of hemp hearts.
- At the end closest to you, layer the veggies starting with the avocado, cucumber, carrots, radish, mushrooms, and sprouts.
- Starting with the veggie end, roll towards the miso, and slice.
After the first one, I improved immensely. Once you get the hang of it, it’s really easy. Have fun and enjoy!
Paired with the simple tamari-sesame dressing, it’s a flavorful combination for a light lunch or dinner!
For more sushi and spring roll inspiration
- Black Rice Sushi Bowl + Dynamite Sauce
- Mango + Avocado Cauliflower Rice Sushi Rolls
- Summer Rolls + Two Dipping Sauces
If you try this raw vegan sushi recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.
RAW VEGAN SUSHI ROLLS
Raw vegan sushi rolls are gluten free, grain free, and so easy to make. Perfect for a light lunch or dinner!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Makes 3 rolls
- Category: Entree, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 3 raw nori sheets (I used these – Amazon, or these – Vitacost are good too)
- 3 teaspoons miso paste, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hemp hearts, divided
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 radishes, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 batch enoki mushrooms
- pea shoots or sprouts of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons scallions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
Lay a nori sheet on the bamboo sushi mat.
Start by spreading your miso paste along the farthest edge of the nori sheet. Add some of the hemp hearts to the miso paste, gently press so the seeds stay put.
Next, on the end closest to you, add some avocado, cucumber, carrots, red pepper, radish, mushrooms and sprouts.
Finally, roll and slice.
Makes 3 rolls
Use your favorite miso, I used mellow miso (white or yellow), but red miso with a bolder flavor would be great too!
Make this dipping sauce oil free by omitting the oil.