Sweet Cashew Cream – A luscious cashew sweet cream made with blended cashews, vanilla and dates is perfect for fruit tarts, dolloped on pancakes and waffles, or use it as a dip for fresh berries!
Cashews are such an incredible and versatile ingredient in the vegan & raw vegan kitchen. They can be made into Cashew Ricotta Cheese, Vegan Cashew Sour Cream, dressings, sauces and raw cookies to name a few. And this cashew sweet cream is another wonderful way to blend up wholesome cashews!
Use this sweet cashew cream as a dip for fruits or as a center like this Raw Fruit Tart. You can top it on pies as a cool whip replacement, or use it as a frosting for cakes and cupcakes. Slathered it on carrot banana bread or classic banana bread, or drizzled on top of pancakes, waffles, or cinnamon swirl bread.
Cashew Sweet Cream is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Luscious and creamy
- Refined sugar free
- minimal ingredients
- & So delicious!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, cashews are blended with dates and vanilla, creating simple and delightful sweet cream that’s versatile and delicious.
Here is everything you will need:
- 1 cup of raw cashews – Soaking the cashews first will aid in digestion and will take anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours, depending on the method of soaking (more on this in the recipe card).
- 3 – 4 pitted medjool dates – Use the freshest you can find, as they are soft and supple.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – Adds an overall wonderful flavor!
- pinch of mineral salt – Just a pinch will do to enhance the flavors.
How To Make Sweet Cashew Cream
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
Making cashew sweet cream is so easy to make, and you don’t need an expensive blender either. I love using my NutriBullet (affiliate link) for making cashew creams and sauces. It’s powerful, small and cleans up nicely!
- Soak the cashews. Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with hot water, let soak for 10 minutes. Or cover with cool water and let soak for 1 – 3 hours. Feel free to skip this step if you don’t have nut sensitivities.
- Blend. Once you’ve prepped the cashews, simply add them, along with the dates and water to the cup of your favorite blender and blend until creamy, stopping every so often to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Chill. Use right away or let it chill in the refrigerator before using. Cream will thicken once chilled.
How To Store
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 days in a covered container. Give a good stir before using.
- Freezer: For longer storage, keep in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months. Let thaw before using.
The uses and flavor combinations are only as limited as our imagination and taste buds. With this one recipe you can create many wonderful creations!
Here a few of my favorite options:
- Add a dollop on Waffles, Pancakes, or Chia Pudding.
- Use it as a dip for your favorite fresh berries or fruit.
- It’s a filling for this Raw Fruit Tart.
- Serve it to the center of crepes along with some fresh fruit or warm fruit compote.
- Top it on pies as a cool whip replacement, or as a frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
- Slather it on Carrot Banana Bread or Classic Banana Bread.
- For variation, add in a little cinnamon, vanilla bean seeds or other favorite dessert spices.
If you try this cashew sweet cream recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
CASHEW SWEET CREAM
Use this sweet cashew cream in fruit tarts, dolloped on pancakes and waffles, or as a dip for fresh berries!
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 1 ½ cups 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup raw cashews, preferably soaked 2 to 3 hours
- 4 – 5 medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ – 1 + ¼ cup water (185 – 310ml)
- Combine all ingredients, start with only ¾ cup water, and blend until creamy smooth, stopping every now and then to scrape down the sides.
- Add additional water 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency. If you find you added too much water, add a few more cashews and blend.
- Taste for flavor, adding an extra date or two for added sweetness if desired.
Store: Leftover cashew cream can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Sweet cream will thicken when chilled. Keep in the freezer for 2 – 3 months, let thaw before using.
Makes anywhere from 1 ½ cups and up, depending on how much water you use.
Quick soak cashews: To soak your cashews quickly, cover them with hot water and let set for 5 – 10 minutes. Drain cashews and use accordingly.
Regular soak for cashews: Cover with an inch of cool water, let soak for 2 – 3 hours. Cashews don’t need any longer than 3 hours, but will be ok if soaked longer.
You may also like to use almonds without the skins. Soak your almonds at least eight hours or overnight.
Photos shown represent using 4 dates, ¾ cup water, and cashews quick soaked for 10 minutes.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: I love my NutriBullet (affiliate link) for small jobs like this! It’s compact, easy to use and cleans up well. For more of my favorite cooking tools, shop my kitchen essentials.