An easy recipe for Ginger-Orange Granola, featuring toasty oats, coconut, nuts, seeds, ginger and orange zest! Perfect for breakfast or an on-the-go snack!
Next time you make granola – this is ginger-orange granola is a must try. You’re home will smell like orange cinnamon rolls – it absolutely mouthwatering!
This granola has such delicious flavoring, especially with the orange zest. I love zest of any kind, so the addition of the orange zest is welcome. And, when you get a bite of the toasted sesame seeds, they add another layer of deliciousness.
We have another easy granola recipe to add to the collection of granola + roasted nuts/seeds, it’s low fat and gluten free. I just love a good healthy granola and I think you’ll love this one too. Enjoy the aroma and the taste!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Orange-Ginger Granola Ingredients
You need a hand full of ingredients. Let this be a template, add/subtract anything you like. If you’re missing an ingredient you may add extra of something else you do have on hand.
- Oats. Old fashioned oats are best when making this granola recipe. For gluten free, use certified GF oats.
- Almonds. Use raw almonds.
- Sunflower seeds. Look for raw, untoasted almonds.
- Sesame Seeds. Use raw, untoasted sesame seeds.
- Hemp Hearts. Be sure they are the hulled hemp hearts and not the seeds.
- Coconut. Use large flake or medium shredded coconut.
- Orange. This granola recipe calls for the zest only, use as much as you like!
- Ground Ginger. Adds a nice lovely ginger flavor.
- Cinnamon. Just a touch for a little extra flavor.
- Pure maple syrup. My favorite natural sweetener. It sweetens perfectly while hardening without the need to use oils.
How To Make The Best Granola
Making homemade granola is super easy and will make your home smell delicious!
- Simply mix together the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, sesame seeds, coconut, ginger, cinnamon and orange zest in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the maple syrup over top and stir to mix well.
- Next, layer the granola mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment liners or Silpat (you can also lightly grease the sheet with coconut oil).
- Place in the oven and bake at 275 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Once done, let the granola cool and harden.
How To Store Granola
Store granola in covered containers on the counter for up 1 month (but I’m sure it’ll be gone before then!).
My Favorite Way To Eat Ginger-Orange Granola
My favorite way to eat this crunchy granola is as a cereal with diced mango and unsweetened cashew milk. I can also see this being a great granola muesli mix for overnight oats too. Might even be good with some fresh squeezed orange juice as your liquid. So simple and delicious!
More Crunchy Granola Inspiration
- Peanut Butter & Banana Granola Snack Clusters
- Seeds & Goji Berry Granola
- Healthy Homemade Granola (Oil Free)
- Pumpkin Granola
If you try this tasty granola recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
An easy granola recipe with flavors of ginger, orange and coconut. Makes a great healthy snack or breakfast, and travels well too!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 Cups 1x
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Oven, Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut (flakes or shredded)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts, ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 – 2 oranges or 4 – 5 cuties, chopped fine or left as is
- 2/3 – 3/4 cups pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, or lightly grease with coconut oil.
Combine: Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Pour the maple syrup overtop and mix well to coat.
Layer: Spread the granola in a single layer on baking sheet.
Bake: Place sheets in oven and cook for 30 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so to ensure even toasting.
Let cool: Once done, remove from oven, let cool completely, granola will stiffen as it cools.
Makes 4 cups.
Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container for up to a month.
Let this be a template, add/subtract anything you like. If you’re missing an ingredient you may add extra of something else you do have on hand. I like lots of zest and added the zest of a few cutie oranges.
Keywords: orange ginger granola, healthy granola, oil-free granola
UPDATED NOTE: This granola recipe was published in March 2013 and updated in November 2019 with new photos and helpful tips. Enjoy!