Easy 2 ingredient raw chocolate banana ice cream with no need for an ice cream maker, ready in minutes and perfect for a quick, healthy treat!
Raw banana ice cream with decadent chocolate is creamy, super easy to make, and tasty as can be!
Why had I not known of this before? What a great dessert or mono meal for that matter. I had this for dinner the other night and did not feel one bit guilty. It’s super delicious, vegan, and all-around good for you!
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Fat free
- No refined sugars
- Dairy free
- Only 2 ingredients
- Ready in 5 minutes or less
- Churn free and No ice cream maker required
I suggest you gather your ingredients and whip up some of this nice cream for yourself. You will thank me later. :)
Be creative, and have fun experimenting with toppings and additions that work for you!
Raw Vegan Banana Ice Cream Ingredients
- Bananas – freeze the ripest bananas you can, they will be sweet enough so you don’t need to any sweetener.
- Cocoa powder – use your favorite, whether its raw cacao, regular cocoa, or dutch chocolate. This batch was processed with dutch cocoa, which makes it ultra dark and chocolatey, but typically I use raw cacao powder.
- Splash of non-dairy milk or water – can be any type of plant based milk or Vegan Cream, preferably unsweetened, this will help get the frozen mixture moving.
How To Make No Ice Maker Banana Ice Cream
- Simply place 2 – 3 frozen bananas in your food processor or high speed blender, along with 1 tablespoon cacao powder, blend until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides every so often. Make take 3 – 5 minutes.
- Serve right away with sliced fruit, cacao nibs, nuts or seeds. Enjoy often!
- Add protein. Add 2 – 4 tablespoons of nut butter, such as peanut, almond, cashew, or sunflower, for a nice does of protein. It will also make it ultra creamy!
More Nice Cream Recipes!
- Banana Coconut Ginger Ice Cream
- Almond Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Butter Maple Pecan Ice Cream
- Banana Cherry Garcia Soft Serve
If you try this chocolate banana nice cream recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
RAW CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM
Amazing chocolate banana ice cream to the rescue! No dairy, no churn, no guilt – just YUM!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serve 1 – 2 1x
- Category: Dessert, Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 3 frozen bananas
- splash of almond milk or Vegan Cream, optional
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw cacao/cocoa powder
- sliced fruit
- chopped nuts
- cacao nibs or shredded coconut
Break frozen bananas into small pieces. Place bananas, splash of liquid and cocoa/cacao into blender or food processor, blend until desired consistency scraping down the sides every now and then, will take anywhere from 3 to 6 minutes. Add a tad more liquids as needed.
Scoop into individual bowl/s, top with fruit, nuts, cocoa nibs or coconut flakes. Enjoy right away.
Serves one generously, with enough to share if you like. :)
A splash or two of milk or water will help the mixture move a little better when blending. For completely raw, use homemade plant milk, or a splash of water is fine too!
To Freeze: Keep this ice cream in the freezer by storing in an airtight freezer safe container. Freeze for at least six hours or overnight for a hardened ice cream, let thaw 10 min or so before scooping. Double this recipe and freeze for convenience.
Keep those bananas! Instead of throwing out bananas I always freeze them for making smoothies later and this will be a new reason to pull out a frozen banana or two. Doesn’t get much simpler that this.